The Leap [LE8]

Ahmina

Re: The Leap [LE8]

Post by Ahmina »

''Material things are useful for survival but only just for that'' she replied ''I am told you work for the outsiders, what is your arrangement with them?''
Fremen * Light * Discreet * Faithful * Loyal * Just *
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"You probably mean the outsiders." He shrugged. "It's less work with them and more settling a debt of honour. Not mine, that of my boss. Still, we're in your hands because of that, clearly. It's got way out of control."
The Maker | Blessed Her Coming and Going
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

''A debt of honor your say. We can respect this at least, should it prove to be true. Why does this debt you spoke of involve you coming here?''
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"The favour the auditors asked my boss for was to give them an off-the-grid landing spot. Cave of Birds was the closest to the real thing we could offer them without betraying our own positions. Since it looks like Tuek wants them to succeed in some way though, he's also provided them with some desert-rigged craft, the old lighter and four armed thopters. We honestly didn't know your folk would be around. It looked deserted enough from high above. An unfortunate happenstance." He carefully didn't comment on what the trespassing entailed, appropriation of both the equipment and their water by the Fremen.
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

She turned to Chat and switched language for privacy...from the smugglers at least

''I suppose they said the same thing to your people? They do not seem to be lying to me.''
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Chat shrugged.

"It seems that the question is less about the smugglers and more about the offworlders. The true issue the naibs dispute."
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

''Any word from the Dreamer yet?'' she asked ''The offworlders have various reasons to harm the Harkonnens...that can be trusted, at least.''
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"Liet is away. We've sent out cielago, and wait." Chatt paused, careful there. "Then I'd let them harm the Harkonnen. Just like I did when we traded with them. But is it that they can do it, or they can't and just want us do it instead?"
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

''From what I understand the Harkonnen are suspected to steal spice which is a great crime to their leaders. If they have proof their leaders will likely act.''

She frowns

''How much they are willing to risk getting that proof of what they will promise us to do it for, or with, them.''
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"Naibs must decide. Or Liet, if he comes on time. I understand there is urgency?"
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

''I understand they have limited time to get the proof they need. The deadline is coming soon''
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"So the argument must be won before the council of naibs." Chatt concluded.
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

She nods in agreement

''We are in uncharted sands so we must be careful....still we could gain much by helping shape what is to come.''