Out and About [EE8]

Captain Kryubi

Out and About [EE8]

Post by Captain Kryubi »

After the frigate had landed, there was a small Harkonnen welcoming party. Once they disembarked into the late-day heat, the crags around them were already shading most of the landing field. Ironically, the location resembled the mouth of a worm, and the landing field blocked the descent to its bowels which - according to the reports - were there.

The Harkonnen officer didn't hide his disdain for the group. He spoke with restraint though, keeping potential bile out of it. They would recognise none other than Captain Kryubi himself in this officer. In addition, the Scarface they had humiliated during the sand vermin debacle was there in detail. He was saying nothing, but if eyes could kill...

"This is Wind Pass. There are no spice operations from here, so your arrival is pointless, but apparently we can't tell you how you are supposed to waste your time while on the siridar fief of House Harkonnen. But since you have arrived, here are some ground rules. You are allowed to roam the first two floors of of the base. Most of the industrial complex below is private property of operators from other Houses than House Harkonnen, so they do not fall into your purview. If you infringe on their premises, it will be reported to the Landsraad and CHOAM as abusing the mandate for industrial espionage on those respective houses. I would advise you not to try your luck as your every activity will be closely monitored both directly and through remote devices. Unless you wish to bestow serious trouble and new enemies on your house, of course." He made a pause to indicate that whatever goodwill there may have once existed between their houses and House Harkonnen was at this point at best in serious jeopardy due to their actions. "The Wind Pass itself is also the only spot you are cleared to stay in. The wild desert beyond is off-limits and House Harkonnen cannot guarantee your safety once you leave the perimeter." He gestured around the ring of fortified teeth above them. "Neither the wildlife nor the rabid natives have any mercy for stragglers in these parts. Do you have any questions?"
Dorian Drake

Re: Out and About [EE8]

Post by Dorian Drake »

Seeing the two men there and listening to Kryubi try to dictate terms to them, Dorian couldn't help himself. It was his job to draw their attention and ire anyway wasn't it? "My old friend Captain Kryubi, I knew we would be able to work well together. Now, if you've brought our mutual friend there to apologize for allowing his men to fire lasguns at me while I had my shield up, in clear disregard of the Great Conventions, or to thank me for stopping him from blowing up all of Arrakeen by indiscriminately using lasguns when they had an active shield beneath their feet.. Well, I would say don't bother, but if there is nothing here as you state, then I can free up some time. Would you prefer to treat me to lunch or to dinner? I have no plans."
House Mutelli |Swordmaster of Ginaz | Duelist | Opulent | Charismatic
Description
Carries: Two Kindjals and a Shield Belt
Wears: Stillsuit and Red Sash over Shield Belt
Accompanied by Lawtech Edwell Santini
Captain Kryubi

Post by Captain Kryubi »

"You'll have a chance to explain your reasoning behind turning on a shield in presence of lasgun fire while subverting a disaster response before relevant CHOAM and Landsraad bodies, debate the finer points of the Great Convention and the like. House Harkonnen has petitioned that you'll be given a... platform." Kryubi said coolly. "My men will apologise for no such thing. There is no reason whatsoever for me to accommodate you beyond what I am obliged to by law of the Imperium. I am already rather sure of the tone of your contribution to whatever report you're all going to prepare from this audit. House Harkonnen has been prosperous despite the likes of you. Find your way to the canteen, or ask Lieutenant Kinet for directions."

Kryubi began to turn away.
Reyyan Ebrahammi

Post by Reyyan Ebrahammi »

Rey, behind Dorian, raised a hand, "Hey chief; If me and my boys were to trespass on your little industrial complex, would that be industrial espionage on behalf of the Emperor, or the Sardaukar? Just wondering since our legs are feeling a bit restless while the civvies do their work."

She had only slightly informed her men of her plans and had relied on Tyekanik to let them know what he thought they'd need to know. But if it was anything like he'd told her, then pushing things like this and taking attention away from the less outspoken members of the expedition. Besides, it was true; She'd rather be seeing things than just standing around and babysitting. And being the natural born killers that they were, her men were even more restless than her.
Sardaukar * Armored * Guardian * Strict * Loyal * Fanatical * Religious * Tall * Levenbrech
Captain Kryubi

Post by Captain Kryubi »

The man froze and turned. Looking at the Levenbrech, he chose his words carefully.

"That would be a potential incident between the Emperor's troops and security protocols of some Great Houses. If the Sardaukar are at liberty to do so, then the matter will certainly feed into the Landsraad discussions on how the Emperor uses his forces, now very heated after the wipeout of House Verdun." And then he cut off, rather suddenly.

[Understand 2]
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

Hearing the bold words of Captain Kryubi, Dorian dug in, "It seems that House Harkonnen has spent too long here on Arrakis and forgotten the ways of the Imperium. We Houses, Great and Minor, rule at the leisure of the Emperor. Or do you speak on behalf of House Harkonnen in declaring sympathy for the traitorous House Verdun and Jaxson Aru?"
-----
EE8, Ver-Done, Understand 4 + Faith 6, TN 10: 2#1d20 18 10
Failed 1 success vs 2 difficulty
House Mutelli |Swordmaster of Ginaz | Duelist | Opulent | Charismatic
Description
Carries: Two Kindjals and a Shield Belt
Wears: Stillsuit and Red Sash over Shield Belt
Accompanied by Lawtech Edwell Santini
Captain Kryubi

Post by Captain Kryubi »

"House Harkonnen is loyal to the Corrino Imperium. My Lord Baron has just finished his visit to Kaitain. He has reassured the Padishah Emperor about his undying devotion and commitment to governing Arrakis according to the Emperor's wishes. House Harkonnen denounces the heinous deeds of one Jaxson Aru and has absolutely no dealings with him." Kryubi said firmly, returning to safe perimeters of discussion.
Bomilcar Thorvald

Post by Bomilcar Thorvald »

Bomilcar had exited and was listening, letting others do the talking. He considered the words in the context of what they might mean to his own house among the Landsraad and how they might react, and how he should potentially act.

D8 EE, Understand + Duty, TN 13, Difficulty 2: 2#1d20 3 17
Wasn't certain if this was intended as some sort of threat to houses, If it was then Danger Sense Understand Focus may apply resulting in success, if not then failure.
House Thorvald * Inglorious Bastard * Protector * Kind Heart * Hard Eyes * Intense * Scarred * Quiet
Carries: Broken-back Saex, Personal Shield
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Bomilcar Thorvald wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:26 pm
Bomilcar had exited and was listening, letting others do the talking. He considered the words in the context of what they might mean to his own house among the Landsraad and how they might react, and how he should potentially act.

D8 EE, Understand + Duty, TN 13, Difficulty 2: 2#1d20 3 17
Wasn't certain if this was intended as some sort of threat to houses, If it was then Danger Sense Understand Focus may apply resulting in success, if not then failure.
[It's a failure.]

Earl Memnon's ties to the Corrinos have plummeted after the 'mysterious' death of Firenza, and many could consider him a prime recruit for the Noble Commonwealth conspiracy if not already a prominent member. Their advocacy of a confederation of independent worlds resonates well with how the Thorvalds have been conducting themselves for a long time. Bom wouldn't know if his father has exercised caution in the aftermath of the fall of Verdun or has joined the voices of the outraged. Shaddam had a penchant of doing what he wills on flimsy evidence, and it might have been so with the Verduns. The Landsraad is a faulty but also an indispensible check on his autocratic tendencies. Silencing vocal nobles one by one was probably the Emperor's wet dream, and the question of how and where to draw a line in the sand has always been an open one. Bom could imagine that the case for the Noble Commonwealth might have already got some traction and popularity on Thorvald worlds.
The Maker | Blessed Her Coming and Going
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

Cuyler had been watching and listening, wondering if investigating House Verdun was within the Sardaukar's scope, regardless.

- - -
Out and About [EE8], Understand (6)/Truth (8), Difficulty 2, Deductive Reasoning: 2#1d20 13 19
House Mutelli 🔪 Spice Sommelier 🔪 Chef 🔪 Observant 🔪 Detail Oriented

Carries: Chef's Knife
Bomilcar Thorvald

Bomilcar, leans over to Cuyler. "Verdun, Sardaurkur, Harkonnen, Landsraad? I'm lost. Connected?"
House Thorvald * Inglorious Bastard * Protector * Kind Heart * Hard Eyes * Intense * Scarred * Quiet
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Cuyler Gray wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:20 pm
Cuyler had been watching and listening, wondering if investigating House Verdun was within the Sardaukar's scope, regardless.

- - -
Out and About [EE8], Understand (6)/Truth (8), Difficulty 2, Deductive Reasoning: 2#1d20 13 19
Her analytical sense was saying that the Sardaukar had every right to investigate any assets of the dismantled house, and either claim or obliterate them. Question was, was there anything here that had belonged to House Verdun?
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"Captain. The private holdings within the industrial complex, did any belong to House Verdun?" she asked. "If so, it would be appropriate for the Sardaukar to seize and investigate them on the Emperor's behalf. I'm sure you wouldn't want them to miss anything."
House Mutelli 🔪 Spice Sommelier 🔪 Chef 🔪 Observant 🔪 Detail Oriented

Carries: Chef's Knife
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"One storage and assembly area belonged to a businessperson from House Verdun." Kryubi said after a pause. "The premises are sealed off, the personnel has been disposed of. But if the Sardaukar wish to seize it, they of course can."
Bomilcar Thorvald

Reyyan Ebrahammi wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:17 pm
At the mention of this Bomilcar looked to Reyyan. It was an opportunity. He didn't know if she was going to take it. He still didn't fully comprehend the full extent of the politics. But he suspected that if Cuyler had brought it up it was worth looking at.
Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

Reins steps out of the freighter to join the other representatives he senses some tension present, "what is all this then?"
House Londine | Financial Analyst | Honest | Non-Combatant
Accompanied by: Addison Passepartout & Kage