[Day 4 - FMS] A Solari for Your Thoughts

Kannon

Re: [Day 4 - FMS] A Solari for Your Thoughts

Post by Kannon »

"I don't know the exact answer to that, I have been informed of this decision by the higher-ups. But I can share my own hypothetical explanation. The Imperium rests on a political tripod: the Emperor, the Landsraad, and the Guild, with CHOAM their derivative arena. What happens to the tripod if all its legs bend in the same direction?"
The Maker | Blessed Her Coming and Going
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

"There is some wisdom in what you say; however, what if the two legs are bending to adjust to the ever changing terrain and the third does not, would it not then be the cause of the imbalance instead of the savior?
House Mutelli |Swordmaster of Ginaz | Duelist | Opulent | Charismatic
Description
Carries: Two Kindjals and a Shield Belt
Wears: Stillsuit and Red Sash over Shield Belt
Accompanied by Lawtech Edwell Santini
Abad Nejhre

Post by Abad Nejhre »

"Space has no terrain." Soo-Soo quipped with a wry smile. "And the spice must flow. For the Guild, it is the only true concern."
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"What happens to the tripod isn't the question." Cutler shrugged. "It's what happens to what it was supporting and whether it can still be supported."
House Mutelli 🔪 Spice Sommelier 🔪 Chef 🔪 Observant 🔪 Detail Oriented

Carries: Chef's Knife
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

"Space also has no gravity, so it matters not if all three legs of the tripod bend together. But we both know the real terrain we are speaking of is the arena of bureaucracy and politics in CHOAM, the most treacherous terrain I know of, more so than even those sand dunes out there." Dorian returns Soo-Soo's grin.

"But I can respect the stance of the Guild. House Mutelli has often had to tread a thin line between two feuding factions. Sometimes it's not the side that everyone would prefer to come out ahead that needs to come out ahead for the greater good... The spice must flow."
Description
Abad Nejhre

Post by Abad Nejhre »

"On that you're wrong. Space has gravity, it's just too subtle for most to detect. Most, but not the Guild. You'd be disappointed if our steersmen didn't calculate the fold-space jumps to the smallest data point, wouldn't you? The randomness of reappearing in the middle of a star, that would be unpleasant if not foreclosed." Abad chuckled. "It is those delicate undulations of the fabric of the universe what the Guild sees and the others do not."

Soo-soo finished his drink. "But such academic disputes aside, I think we can say we are in agreement in principle. Spice must flow, forms must be obeyed, balances must be correct. House Mutelli must be respected for the measured approach that is its trademark. However, if you're truly here to rattle the tripod and see if anything falls off, then I am keen on seeing how it unfolds and engage you accordingly."
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

"We can not speak for the other delegates, but House Mutelli is not here to rattle any tripods, cage, or sabers. We serve at the pleasure of the Emperor, may he rule forever, and that means to provide our best and most honest assessment that we can ascertain. If you or the Guild know other relevant information that would influence the audit, we are more than willing to take it into advisement.

I can tell you that at this point in time, we see from House Harkonnen a significant reduction in spice production, we see they have antagonized the indigenous people to the point that they have become a major hindrance in present and future spice harvesting efforts, we see a mismanagement of spice harvesting personnel and equipment that is unsustainable, and we see a lack of concern or action from House Harkonnen to address these issues."

Dorian looks at Soo-Soo quizzically, waiting for some answer for the disparity between the Guild's confidence in House Harkonnen's ability to keep the spice flowing and the apparent reality of the situation.
Description
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"You may as well have concluded that but I cannot possibly comment. During the audit, my hands are tied. Once its results are known, we will either have something to talk about, or not. If you seek my advice, I can advise diligence and patience..."

He hesitated.

[Communicate 4 to manipulate Soo-Soo into saying something he doesn't really intend to, as a reflection of the Dorian's speech act. Complication: 18]
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

Sensing there was more Soo-Soo wanted to say, Dorian held his words back, waiting for the void to be filled. He recalled his training, that sometimes the best way to get answers, to encourage someone to speak, was not by rousing words or threats but by simply leaving an emptiness for them to fill.
-----
FMS4, Confidant, Communicate 6 + Faith 6, TN 12, +3 Threat for +2d20, -1 Determination for crit 1: 3#1d20 9 16 8
Passed 4 successes vs 3 difficulty
-1 Determination, critical 1 +2 successes
+2 Threat, [Trait: Potential Ally], -1 difficulty
+3 Threat for +2d20
+1 momentum
Description
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"...and checking the true intentions of those who sponsor your stay here." Apparently, Soo-Soo couldn't help himself telling that. He turned silent afterwards, but then smirked. "This is as far as I can advise you without charging you exorbitantly."
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"Well, we wouldn't want that." Cuyler smiled. "But, hopefully, we'll have more things we can discuss another time."
House Mutelli 🔪 Spice Sommelier 🔪 Chef 🔪 Observant 🔪 Detail Oriented

Carries: Chef's Knife
Abad Nejhre

Post by Abad Nejhre »

"I'll keep the rest of the bottle for the occasion."
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

[The Momentum gained here can be added to Game Momentum.]
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

Dorian took the last sip from his glass. "I look forward to it. As I had hoped, our conversation has been most enlightening. Regardless of how the audit turns out, I hope House Mutelli can look forward to working with you in the future." He rose from his seat and bowed respectfully to Soo-Soo.

OOC: I won't say no to game momentum.
Description
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"I wish you both a good night." Soo-soo said, leaning to offer the half-handshake of the Imperium to both of them.

Then, the elevator would take them back down to the main hall.

/Scene?
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

/scene
Description