D3 SMS - Fun with Accounting

Claudius Reins

D3 SMS - Fun with Accounting

Post by Claudius Reins »

addison.jpg
addison.jpg (10.27 KiB) Viewed 970 times
Addison, after thier interview with Bomilcars contact makes her way to drop by Omri's office to take a look at those books he mentioned.
House Londine | Financial Analyst | Honest | Non-Combatant
Accompanied by: Addison Passepartout & Kage
Omri B'rrican

Re: D3 SMS - Fun with Accounting

Post by Omri B'rrican »

She heard snoring coming from there. Apparently the semi-official leader of the Dune Men had temporarily succumbed to tiredness.
Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

Addison knocks on the door, making a point not to be stealthy in her approach to it.
Omri B'rrican

Post by Omri B'rrican »

"Wha...?! Ah." The man almost fell from his suspensor chain, but managed to grab the desk the last moment and pull himself up. He then looked through the dirty window plaz at who was coming over and with a tortured sigh he rose to unlock the door.

"It's ye, eh? I kinda figured ye'd not let up on those facts and figures, eh?" He looked back. "Can't handle it without coffee. Want some coffee?"
Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

She smiles, "That would be lovely, thank you"
Omri B'rrican

Post by Omri B'rrican »

The man turned to reach for a rather antiquated metal coffee set, though the brewing machine was semi-automated. Semi-, because it needed a punch or two to start dripping the liquid into the container.

"So, what is it that you want to know and the Harkonnen won't kill me for letting you know it?" Omri still sounded drowsy.
Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

"Are there any grievances from the Dune Men union, or a list of wounded and lost members. If your not willing to give that even a list of members and when they were active and which ones went off world, would be helpful. " She smiles.
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"Dry personnel details are actually well-compiled. I have my part in hirin' and assignin'." He swang the coffee cups beneath a snooper for the sake of mutual reassurance and passed one to Addison. He drank from his own richly, despite it being hot as hell. He pointed to one of the cabinets. "I actually keep that on a single sheet of Ridulian paper, but I haven't calculated the gross numbers. What I can tell ye is that immigration levels are high, but casualties are high too right now. We have a lot of rotation, which is a problem. I don't know my men too well anymore."
The Maker | Blessed Her Coming and Going
Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

She takes the cup and sips it, "Thank you, raw data is actually more useful for me in my field then calculated numbers. Are all spice miners on Arrakis part of the union? "
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"No. Harkonnen make sure that they aren't. They set apart those who come from their own planets, or from some allied worlds, with few exceptions. But I prefer it that way. People they pull in from Giedi Prime are thugs and cutthroats. Some of those are up there in the refinery. I'd rather have no business with them. But the expertise is with us, so they have to tolerate the Union."
Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

"If they were smart they would have them join your union both to keep an eye on the activities and create a voting block to manipulate the unions activities. But no one claimed Harkonens were intelligent. " She shakes her head, "I guess I should look over those records so I can compile a report for our mentat"
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"Can't say they don't do that as well to some degree. They have spies everywhere. Their grunts may be stupid, but their mentat is not." Omri gestured toward the cabinets with documentation. "Be my guest."

[Same rules as for the maintenance area, but the scope is anything spice mining-related]
Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

Truth/Understand - Data Anaylst/Researcher TN 13 Crit 7, 3 Threat for extra dice +1 Successes for trait,- Addison at Omris: 4#1d20 20 6 14 19
(2 Succeses +1 Complication)

Addison begins looking through the books, attempting to isolate info on the number of injured spice miners, vs dead, vs total.
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Sadly, the late hour made her a bit clumsy and she accidentally added a random number somewhere in the long data sets presented in Ridulian crystal. The whole structure got corrupted and nothing made sense anymore. Hopefully, Omri still had the notes he'd compiled it all from...

[Complication: Corrupted Data]
Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

Addison sighs, rubbing the bridge of her nose, "There are days I wish I was a mentat"
Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

Addison smiles to Omri, "Thank you for your time"
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

In the meantime, Omri fell asleep, coffee or not.