(D3 FMS) See a Man about a Mine

Reyyan Ebrahammi

Re: (D3 FMS) See a Man about a Mine

Post by Reyyan Ebrahammi »

"If anyone's staying, I'm certainly going to have to stay with you. So I'd rather you not split up. I can't leave members of the expedition out on their own, especially after some of what's happened since we arrived."

Rey crossed her arms; This was a point that couldn't be argued. Well, at least she thought so.
Sardaukar * Armored * Guardian * Strict * Loyal * Fanatical * Religious * Tall * Levenbrech
Bomilcar Thorvald

Post by Bomilcar Thorvald »

Bom nodded. "Maybe tour another time.". Letting Addison look over the books seemed reasonable.
House Thorvald * Inglorious Bastard * Protector * Kind Heart * Hard Eyes * Intense * Scarred * Quiet
Carries: Broken-back Saex, Personal Shield
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Tivor showed some anxiety. "Is it all how I can help you?"
The Maker | Blessed Her Coming and Going
Reyyan Ebrahammi

Rey looked back and forth between the civilians; She didn't have much say in how to investigate this, and she deferred to their expertise anyways. Sure, she knew Bomilcar was somewhat of a warrior himself, but he clearly had some connections and such here.
Sardaukar * Armored * Guardian * Strict * Loyal * Fanatical * Religious * Tall * Levenbrech
Bomilcar Thorvald

"Just the books," he says. He didn't want to put Manx out too much and looking at the official books would not be an unreasonable thing for the investigation.
House Thorvald * Inglorious Bastard * Protector * Kind Heart * Hard Eyes * Intense * Scarred * Quiet
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"Like I told you, Omri keeps most of what matters. Unless you really mean my records for the Pad 9 operations." He reached to one of the closed drawers in his desk.
Bomilcar Thorvald

"Cover," he says. "Legit reason, easily explained."
Reyyan Ebrahammi

"Seems fair. Look at the hidden stuff under the guise of looking at the official stuff. Think we can coordinate it?"

She looked now at Manx with her piercing stare.

"If not, perhaps I can help in some way. I find I can be very influential and distracting if I try."

It was VERY tempting if there were records being hidden to just shoot all the foremen, get those books, and bring the Harkonnen up on hiding things. But she knew better than to tip your hand too early; If nothing else, surviving years on a prison world had taught her that much.
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Not knowing what to say after the Sardaukar's words, he just gulped, swallowed, and passed whatever documents he had.
Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

"I'll be more then happy to assist you Saudaukar " Addison perks up
House Londine | Financial Analyst | Honest | Non-Combatant
Accompanied by: Addison Passepartout & Kage
Bomilcar Thorvald

Bomilcar gave some thought to how they might be best able to make use of all the info Manx shared. But he looked like he was getting a headache over it.

----

D3 FMS, How to use info? Understand + Truth, TN 10, +2 threat for dice: 4#1d20 3 20 15 11

+2 threat, complication, and only 1 success which wouldn't probably be enough
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Bomilcar got the conviction that all the talk about Wind Pass and False Wall South was just another distraction from the real answers that lay in the griffin's maw: Carthag.

[Complication: Single-minded.]
Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

Truth/Understand -Assist roll see a man about a mine Data analysts/researcher 7/13: 1d20 5
+2 (3 if trait applies) Successes, also Bom can reroll 1 die on his roll from Advisor: Understand
"Did you notice this sir? "
House Londine | Financial Analyst | Honest | Non-Combatant
Accompanied by: Addison Passepartout & Kage
Bomilcar Thorvald

[Rerolling 15, keeping complication, but slightly better understanding]

D3 FMS, How to use info? Understand + Truth, TN 10, reroll one die from Addison: 1#1d20 5
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

[4 Successes; +2 Game Momentum]

Still, Bomilcar reassessed one thing. It looked like the Harkonnen were cutting off this particular mining base while developing others; the anxious rhetoric of local miners could have pointed to some abysmal scenario but it was perhaps just a crude relocation plan, and not even truly clandestine. The resources were barred from here, equipment not replenished, while they were channelled elsewhere. Local Fremen activity might have been one factor, but the more powerful one was perhaps the Splintered Rock being the hub of unionising; the Harkonnen wanted to cripple collective bargaining. The question to where was at least partially suggested: False Wall South. Maybe that was all what was to it, no secret facilities, just ones in development where labour relations could be more exploitative, just like the Harkonnen preferred wherever they went.

[False Wall South is now an unlocked landing target.]
Reyyan Ebrahammi

Reyyan didn't really understand what the two were talking about and pointing at with each other. Then again, that wasn't her job here. And judging by the way the miner kept looking at her, she was doing HER job more than fine.
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Then a Harkonnen saergant entered the office without knocking. He had apparently steeled himself not to be bothered by the Miner's company, looked at and spoke to directly to him.

"Manx, you're called for debriefing on the loss of Sigma Tlaloc Niner. Aneirin is already there. Make haste."
Bomilcar Thorvald

Bom didn't know whether to be concerned, and hoped this wasn't going to be retribution in the guise of duty. He memorized the sergeant's face. If anything happened to his friend this man would be his first stop. Not that he let any of those thoughts show through his stoic expression.