Day 1 EM: Water for the poor

Dorian Drake

Re: Day 1 EM: Water for the poor

Post by Dorian Drake »

Ahmina wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:48 am
Ahmina approached the scene from the shadows, observing who was down and who was up.

She recognized one of the man...

What to play now?

She sighed internally and decided to play the servant girl card again

Clutching her cloak as if in fear she approached

''Sahid? Are you allright?''
Seeing the timid servant girl from last night approach, Dorian shifted back from his predatory self to his usual gregarious self and turned off his shield.

"Ah, stillsuit girl. Yes, everything is handled here. Just some opportunistic men who couldn't heed a fair warning. Although, two were smart enough to flee after their fellows here fell." Dorian squats down next to one of the bodies to wipe his blade clean.

While Dorian spoke with the local, presumable the servant he had mentioned, Edwell pilfered through the bodies to see if there was any sign they were anything beyond foolish alleyway cutthroats.
House Mutelli |Swordmaster of Ginaz | Duelist | Opulent | Charismatic
Description
Carries: Two Kindjals and a Shield Belt
Wears: Stillsuit and Red Sash over Shield Belt
Accompanied by Lawtech Edwell Santini
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

There was no such sign, unless...

[Understand 4, Focus would require Dune practical knowledge; diff can be lowered if such is acquired from a Fremen... where would one be?]
The Maker | Blessed Her Coming and Going
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

''I saw a thuggish man fleeing for his life into a building nearby...perhaps he is one of sahid's attacker?''

The fremen girl made a few tentative steps closer to see if they were truly thugs
Fremen * Light * Discreet * Faithful * Loyal * Just *
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

Searching through the bodies, Edwell found something of note. Hearing the Arrakeen girl speak up, he beckons to her, "Come here girl, tell me what you can about this."

-----
EM1, Investigation, Understand 7 + Truth 7, TN 14, 1 scene momentum & 2 threat: 4#1d20 3 1 5 2
Passed 5 successes
Description
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

Ahmina moved closer still to see what the second man was looking at
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Those bodies were strange in one aspect to any eye that had some reference and taught itself to think in terms of the strictures of this planet. They were certainly native, with their whites pocked with light blue discolouration, what indicated exposure, but not much spice in their diet. Their bodies seemed worn and the conditions of their robes and knives spoke of relative poverty. Their stillsuits were very subpar, and patched many times. And yet, they were not desiccated in ways Ahmina was. They were... water-fat by comparison, as if water was the privilege they enjoyed above the Arrakis' average, or perhaps they could access it with relative ease. There were probably not too many known places on Arrakis where it could happen as a lifestyle.

[More info on Momentum spending.]
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

''Water-fat'' she whispered frowning before looking up to the swordsman ''You should catch the one who is hiding, sahid, he will tell what the corpses can't''
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

Ahmina wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:24 pm
''Water-fat'' she whispered frowning before looking up to the swordsman ''You should catch the one who is hiding, sahid, he will tell what the corpses can't''
Dorian finishes fitting his robe back to cover his figure and stillsuit, "I hadn't planned on chasing them down, but you say you saw where they ran? Couldn't hurt to go take a look."

"Water-fat huh, so not your typical denizen of Arrakis. But they have a hint of the same blue as your eyes young lady." Edwell observed, pondering how the two contradicting features might coincide. "Dorian, it occurs to me that a knowledgeable local could provide invaluable insight as we conduct our audit. This one has already proven useful and I'm sure the Count wouldn't mind lending us her services."

He went back to studying the bodies.

OOC: Will use the 2 momentum for more information.
Description
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

The realisation triggered further inference...

[Momentum #1 That circumstantial clue might lead to the Water Sellers' Union.]
[Momentum #2 There was no way for them to have arrived from the Northern Polar Sink, so if the above is correct, they may be tied to their Arrakeen division, wherever this may be.]
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

She points to the direction she came from

''That way sahid...I will follow at a distance once near as I do not wish to be caught between blades''
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

Dorian cautiously ventured in the direction Ahmina had indicated.

Before following, Edwell asked, "How will we know which building they went into? Were there any distinctive markings or will you be close enough to point it out?"

He did not blame her for wanting to stay out of battle, it was not his preferred place either.
Description
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

''I can point it out sahid when we are there, sahid'' she points to one after a minute of march ''This is the one''
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Once they had left that one street, there was a movement there, immediately. There would be no bodies if they returned there.

The house Ahmina pointed was shut, its moisture seals in place.
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

If Dorian had been chasing after them closely and they had ducked into this house, he wouldn't hesitate to burst through a door after them. As it were, he was relying on the servant girl's word that this was the house, and it was entirely possible that even if this was the house the men had entered, that the residents had nothing to do with them.

Not abandoning common decency, Dorian knocks politely on the door. He brings his hands back under his robe, one ready to flip on his shield and the other to draw a blade.
Description
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

There wasn't an answer in any form, not even with shuffling feet darting for escape. Just nothing.
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

''I am going to check the back, Sahid...I will call if I see something'' she whispered before doing just that
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

Waiting a few moments to give Ahmina time to get to the back of the building, Edwell stepped in front of Dorian to force the door open, giving Dorian a disapproving scowl on the way.
Description
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

They gave way easily, revealing an empty room that didn't carry signs of occupation. It was odd to have empty space in this rather packed street, but here it was. Perhaps a bolthole. There was no occupant here any more, though there were footprints in the thin layer of sand dust leading to the backdoor, through which Ahmina now entered. The man was apparently given enough time to flee out of reach.
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

"It looks like they had an escape already planned out. Definitely more than some street thugs looking for an easy target." Dorian reasoned aloud.

Turning to Ahmina he addresses her, "As my friend Edwell has said, we could use a local guide in our endeavors and you have already proven yourself useful. Unless you have any objections, I plan to ask the Count to borrow your services for the remainder of our mission. Fair warning, we will be traveling across Arrakis, not just staying here in Arrakeen."

Dorian stands awaiting her answer, but speaks up once more before she can give it. " Also, if we are to work together, I should have your name."
Description
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

''Somebody powerful is behind them, I am sure. Sahid must be careful.''

When the proposition was made she simply bowed her head

''I will serve the envoys of our blessed Emperor when I am called'' she replies before stating her name ''This one is Ahmina''