After the Banquet [LE1]

Kannon

After the Banquet [LE1]

Post by Kannon »

Once the guests stood up from the table and picked their drinks to mingle, they could seek more private conversations across the dining hall, perhaps on the comfortable sill-benches by each of the big window plaz, with a view on Arrakeen being cast into the desert night.

Neither the Fenrings nor any of their local guests had left yet.

[At the end of the gathering, when the guests return to their rooms, they shall find stillsuits there, gifted to them by the Fenrings, what would be declared sometime during the banquet.]
The Maker | Blessed Her Coming and Going
Cuyler Gray

Re: After the Banquet [LE1]

Post by Cuyler Gray »

After taking a few moments to clean up, Cuyler made an appearance. She began to mingle sipping at some whiskey. It wasn't bad.
House Mutelli πŸ”ͺ Spice Sommelier πŸ”ͺ Chef πŸ”ͺ Observant πŸ”ͺ Detail Oriented

Carries: Chef's Knife
Reyyan Ebrahammi

Post by Reyyan Ebrahammi »

Reyyan was present as well, though in a white and grey dress uniform with a red lapel flower, rather than her armor. She was drinking water rather than anything else.
Cuyler Gray wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:24 pm
After taking a few moments to clean up, Cuyler made an appearance. She began to mingle sipping at some whiskey. It wasn't bad.
"Hello again, Lady Gray. Thank you for your assistance earlier. How have you been finding the banquet?
Sardaukar * Armored * Guardian * Strict * Loyal * Fanatical * Religious * Tall * Levenbrech
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"I'd hear your report first, Levenbrech. On your delay." Caid Tyekanik walked up from his precious conversation.
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

It had taken some time for him to recover from the concussion he had suffered but after a few extra hours of rest he finally was able to make an appearance.

His temples were still pounding but medication allowed made it tolerable
Fremen * Light * Discreet * Faithful * Loyal * Just *
Reyyan Ebrahammi

Kannon wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:31 pm

"I'd hear your report first, Levenbrech. On your delay." Caid Tyekanik walked up from his precious conversation.
"Ah, sir. Of course."

She finished her water, a precious enough resource on the planet as is anyways, before turning to Caid.

"I am at your disposal."
Sardaukar * Armored * Guardian * Strict * Loyal * Fanatical * Religious * Tall * Levenbrech
Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

Claudius enters as well, having cleaned up some from his accident in the ground car earlier, he makes a point to check in with his Aide and get caught up as soon as possible.

------------------------------------

Passive Scrutiny Question: Who seems the most annoyed with our presence here.
House Londine | Financial Analyst | Honest | Non-Combatant
Accompanied by: Addison Passepartout & Kage
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Claudius Reins wrote: ↑
Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:42 am
Claudius enters as well, having cleaned up some from his accident in the ground car earlier, he makes a point to check in with his Aide and get caught up as soon as possible.

------------------------------------

Passive Scrutiny Question: Who seems the most annoyed with our presence here.
It was fairly easy to establish that that would be the Harkonnen in the room. Addison would identify him as Captain Kryubi, Baron Vladimir Harkonnen's personal appointee as a liaison to this audit, what indicated he operated somewhat independently from Glossu Rabban, who was now in charge of Arrakis in the Baron's stead.
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Reyyan Ebrahammi wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:43 pm
"Ah, sir. Of course."

She finished her water, a precious enough resource on the planet as is anyways, before turning to Caid.

"I am at your disposal."

"Your reason to stretch your orders then?"
Bomilcar Thorvald

Post by Bomilcar Thorvald »

Bomilcar was still present for a bit, but was not being overly social. Perhaps he needed some prompting or time to come out of bodyguard mode after the earlier incident. For now he watched.
House Thorvald * Inglorious Bastard * Protector * Kind Heart * Hard Eyes * Intense * Scarred * Quiet
Carries: Broken-back Saex, Personal Shield
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

At the arrival of the second groundcar's occupants, Dorian made his way through the dinner guests to check on their condition. Seeing the Levenbrech pulled away from Cuyler, he approaches, "You had us quite worried, Edwell would've been beside himself if he hadn't been unconscious. But don't worry about him, Lady Genevieve Wallach patched him up, even stopped the bleeding." He eyes the whiskey tumbler in her hands, "I see you made it through unharmed though, that's good news."
House Mutelli |Swordmaster of Ginaz | Duelist | Opulent | Charismatic
Description
Carries: Two Kindjals and a Shield Belt
Wears: Stillsuit and Red Sash over Shield Belt
Accompanied by Lawtech Edwell Santini
Weyer Paymon

Post by Weyer Paymon »

Ahmina wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:36 pm

It had taken some time for him to recover from the concussion he had suffered but after a few extra hours of rest he finally was able to make an appearance.

His temples were still pounding but medication allowed made it tolerable
"Cybillus, it's been a while. Coming for business, or with the whole audit thing?" Weyer Paymon approached with a wine glass.
Rima Birawi

Post by Rima Birawi »

Bomilcar Thorvald wrote: ↑
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:09 am
Bomilcar was still present for a bit, but was not being overly social. Perhaps he needed some prompting or time to come out of bodyguard mode after the earlier incident. For now he watched.
"Lonely?" The well-dressed woman approached with two wine glasses, offering one to Bomilcar.
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

Dorian Drake wrote: ↑
Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:50 pm
At the arrival of the second groundcar's occupants, Dorian made his way through the dinner guests to check on their condition. Seeing the Levenbrech pulled away from Cuyler, he approaches, "You had us quite worried, Edwell would've been beside himself if he hadn't been unconscious. But don't worry about him, Lady Genevieve Wallach patched him up, even stopped the bleeding." He eyes the whiskey tumbler in her hands, "I see you made it through unharmed though, that's good news."
"Good, I'm glad he's been treated." she said. "It was certainly an interesting ride, explosions, burning spice and gunfire."
House Mutelli πŸ”ͺ Spice Sommelier πŸ”ͺ Chef πŸ”ͺ Observant πŸ”ͺ Detail Oriented

Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

Weyer Paymon wrote: ↑
Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:51 pm
"Cybillus, it's been a while. Coming for business, or with the whole audit thing?" Weyer Paymon approached with a wine glass.

''Weyer, it's been long indeed.'' the man smirked ''A bit of the former but the will of the Emperor, may he rule forever, takes precedence over my personal agenda.''
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:02 pm
"Good, I'm glad he's been treated." she said. "It was certainly an interesting ride, explosions, burning spice and gunfire."
"Burning spice, that's interesting..." Dorian added it to the list of things he would need to consult Edwell about.

"You didn't miss too much from the banquet. As expected, they take their water very seriously. There was some odd ritual with water before the banquet and we toasted with water. We may even need to curb our inebriants during our visit." Dorian seemed personally wounded by the last statement. "There are also stillsuits, courtesy of the Count and Lady Fenring, in our rooms."
Description
Weyer Paymon

Post by Weyer Paymon »

"I see. A pity, the Ixians are pressing with new merchandise like crazy, I've hoped you Richesians could step up your game a bit again. I personally like things with some tried-and-tested quality to it. Fremen are wrecking a lot these days, the demand is unsatiable, Rabban's got a bit tight-fisted..." Weyer chuckled at own pun. "...but in the end he must splurge or lose ground, and spice output. Sort out that CHOAM red tape and get a cargo of Richesian hardware into orbit here and you'll get out a crapload of solaris out of it, maybe even some spice, but that's got more difficult lately."
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:31 pm

"Burning spice, that's interesting..." Dorian added it to the list of things he would need to consult Edwell about.

"You didn't miss too much from the banquet. As expected, they take their water very seriously. There was some odd ritual with water before the banquet and we toasted with water. We may even need to curb our inebriants during our visit." Dorian seemed personally wounded by the last statement. "There are also stillsuits, courtesy of the Count and Lady Fenring, in our rooms."
"That is very generous of them." She looked down at her drink. "Alcohol can dehydrate you. It is probably for the best to limit ourselves."

Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:51 pm
Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:31 pm

"That is very generous of them." She looked down at her drink. "Alcohol can dehydrate you. It is probably for the best to limit ourselves."
"Did you have any trouble with Harkonnen patrols? We were stopped by one citing a curfew. There's a Harkonnen liaison here, a Captain Kryubi, I need to have a word with him about this curfew and its interference with our mission."
Description
Bomilcar Thorvald

Rima Birawi wrote: ↑
Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:53 pm
"Lonely?" The well-dressed woman approached with two wine glasses, offering one to Bomilcar.
"Yes and no," he replied, with a nod, accepting the offered glass. "Watching is a habit."

He seems to shift his attention slowly from the room in general slowly to focused on her over the course of the exchange. And his expression probably lies between what she might expect from an interested man and a professional soldier.

"You?" he asks.
House Thorvald * Inglorious Bastard * Protector * Kind Heart * Hard Eyes * Intense * Scarred * Quiet
Rima Birawi

Post by Rima Birawi »

"I can make myself be." She replied curiously. "On Arrakis, everything changes from moment to moment."
Reyyan Ebrahammi

Kannon wrote: ↑
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:02 am

"Your reason to stretch your orders then?"
Reyyan attempted to keep her voice low, only speak to the man questioning her here, "With all due respect, do you feel the Harrkonen would be honest and up front with us if the explosion had been from something or someone who would be a danger to our expedition? I felt it was my duty to see what had caused an explosion so close to our intended route before their cleanup crews got there."
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

Weyer Paymon wrote: ↑
Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:42 pm
"I see. A pity, the Ixians are pressing with new merchandise like crazy, I've hoped you Richesians could step up your game a bit again. I personally like things with some tried-and-tested quality to it. Fremen are wrecking a lot these days, the demand is unsatiable, Rabban's got a bit tight-fisted..." Weyer chuckled at own pun. "...but in the end he must splurge or lose ground, and spice output. Sort out that CHOAM red tape and get a cargo of Richesian hardware into orbit here and you'll get out a crapload of solaris out of it, maybe even some spice, but that's got more difficult lately."

The Ayawa sighed

''It seems we are in the same position as Rabban then: do something or lose ground.'' he reflected on the situation. He frowned then smiled ''I will see what I can do and give you a call when I get something we can work with. What do you need the most at the moment?''
Bomilcar Thorvald

Rima Birawi wrote: ↑
Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:44 pm
"I can make myself be." She replied curiously. "On Arrakis, everything changes from moment to moment."
He wasn't really sure how to take that. It was a curious string of words that he didn't fully comprehend. Not that he always expect to. He knew his short patterns could confuse folks from time to time.

"Lonely together then?" he asks, his eyes and corners of his mouth hunting at a smile that doesn't quite materialize as one might expect.
Rima Birawi

Post by Rima Birawi »

"Paradoxes are best resolved by doing." She maintained her smile. "A pity the Fenrings didn't provide music this time. I would dance."