The Banquet [EE1]

Bomilcar Thorvald

Re: The Banquet [EE1]

Post by Bomilcar Thorvald »

Slowly, quietly he takes a long breat. Then not without a fair bit of physical discomfort that he hides behind his stoic expression. "Count and Lady Fenring are most gracious and generous. I thank you for your hospitality and look forward to spending time getting to know you."

It wasn't so bad, just a little painful. There was an annoying sharp feeling now but, he would be fine and he knew it.
House Thorvald * Inglorious Bastard * Protector * Kind Heart * Hard Eyes * Intense * Scarred * Quiet
Carries: Broken-back Saex, Personal Shield
Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

Addison speaks, "As representative of House Londine, I think you for your hospitality, and look forward to the evening, if there is anyway we can be of service during our stay, my associates and I are at your service."
House Londine | Financial Analyst | Honest | Non-Combatant
Accompanied by: Addison Passepartout & Kage
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

At the Lady's words, a servant stepped forward to collect Edwell and ferry him off to quarters for rest.

Dorian faced his hosts, giving a respectful, duelist's salute to Count Fenring, fist to heart (though empty handed in this instance), then swept a leg back with a flourish to bow deeply to Lady Fenring. "We are eternally grateful to be in the care of the honored Count and Lady Fenring. I am Dorian Drake, Swordmaster of House Mutelli, at your service."
House Mutelli |Swordmaster of Ginaz | Duelist | Opulent | Charismatic
Description
Carries: Two Kindjals and a Shield Belt
Wears: Stillsuit and Red Sash over Shield Belt
Accompanied by Lawtech Edwell Santini
Yasim Orchid

Post by Yasim Orchid »

Yasim arrived late, his thopter finally arriving on site only a few moments ago. Directed to the banquet, the bastard of Tyballum arrived, quietly. His eyes scanning the room as soon as he entered, appraising the situation.
House Hagal | Inspiring Commander | Bar Sinister over A White Orchid with crimson tinged petals on a Field of Burnt Umber and Purple | Faithful and Dutiful
Carries: Well-worn longsword
Count Fenring

Post by Count Fenring »

"Our... uh-ah... guests... are very... mwah-ah... gracious." Fenring said to his wife, then gestured and they both went down the stairs to lead the delegation personally. "Please follow us. There is a local... oh-hmmm.... custom I'd like you all to partake in, ah-hah?"

He took his wife's hand and they both walked toward the left gallery, and into the corridor, followed by servants. Soon, they would find themselves in a well-windowed dining hall, where there was an already laid table and a few guests waiting for them.

Flanking the doorway were broad laving basins of ornate yellow and green tile. Each basin had its rack of towels. Fenring dipped his hands somewhat ceremoniously into one of the basins, slopped several cups of water onto the floor, dried his hand with a towel and flung it into the puddle.

"Ah, water for the poor." He explained.

Lady Fenring followed the example. Others at the table were watching and whispering to each other, as if it was a spectacle of sorts.

---

Understand 1 to discern the implication of the ritual
Discipline 2 for any Native to not show revulsion
Noble | Imperial Spice Minister | Friend of the Emperor | Assassin
Genevieve Wallach

Post by Genevieve Wallach »

It honestly took her a minute to grasp what it was she was seeing, and it not being a waste of resources, but she then followed suit, removing the dried blood on her hands and splashing it there as well.

Well, at least she her hands were clean.

~~

Of course! Wasting water. Makes sense. (Understand+Truth) Social Awareness to increase crit to 1-8. DC16: 2#1d20 16 16

2 Suxx, +1 Momentum
House Wallach | Someone of Actual Note | Councilor of the Audit | Maybe Not a Assassin? | So Happy to be Here | Not Really
Abad Nejhre

Post by Abad Nejhre »

Genevieve Wallach wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:32 am
It honestly took her a minute to grasp what it was she was seeing, and it not being a waste of resources, but she then followed suit, removing the dried blood on her hands and splashing it there as well.

Well, at least she her hands were clean.

~~

Of course! Wasting water. Makes sense. (Understand+Truth) Social Awareness to increase crit to 1-8. DC16: 2#1d20 16 16
A snicker escaped the mouth of one of the men by the table.
Bomilcar Thorvald

Observing the first few going he wonders what's really going on here. It seemed like a waste of water on a planet where you collected body fluids as efficiently as possible so as to not die.

D1 EE, Understanding + Truth, DC 10, Crit 5: 2#1d20 2 9
3 successes, +2 Momentum
House Thorvald * Inglorious Bastard * Protector * Kind Heart * Hard Eyes * Intense * Scarred * Quiet
Lingar Bewt

Post by Lingar Bewt »

Bomilcar Thorvald wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:58 pm
Observing the first few going he wonders what's really going on here. It seemed like a waste of water on a planet where you collected body fluids as efficiently as possible so as to not die.

D1 EE, Understanding + Truth, DC 10, Crit 5: 2#1d20 2 9
2 successes
Another man, who had harrumphed at the earlier snicker, took note of Bomilcar's moment of pause.
Bomilcar Thorvald

When it came time for him to participate, he does so so as to not insult the hosts, but there is a definite hesitation to his participation that clearly indicates discomfort, and his splashing is absolutely minimized letting only a few drops be wasted.

He then moves to sit with the others at the banquet, happening to sit next to Lingar.
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

There was a quiet serving girl in the corner of the room...almost indistinguishable from the other as her eyes and head were down cast and did not react to this...blasphemy...yet

-----
Wasting water?! Discipline plus justice, tn 13, self-control, crit 6: 2#1d20 16 3
Fremen * Light * Discreet * Faithful * Loyal * Just *
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Count and Lady Fenring moved to their respective ends of thectable, remaining standing until their guests would all be seated.
The Maker | Blessed Her Coming and Going
Lingar Bewt

Post by Lingar Bewt »

Bomilcar Thorvald wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:23 pm
When it came time for him to participate, he does so so as to not insult the hosts, but there is a definite hesitation to his participation that clearly indicates discomfort, and his splashing is absolutely minimized letting only a few drops be wasted.

He then moves to sit with the others at the banquet, happening to sit next to Lingar.
"I couldn't help but notice you have some understanding of water necessities here on Arrakis, sir." Lingar said on a quiet note.
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

Dorian did not hesitate to follow the Count's example. Training as a Swordmaster of Ginaz, he was taught to think on his own, adapt and overcome, and very importantly, to stop thinking and do as was expected of him in the certain situations. This seemed like one such occasion.

He dipped his hands into a basin, scooped several cups of water out onto the floor just as the Count had (but no more and no less than the Count), dried his hands with a towel, and dropped it into the puddle he had made.

It seemed like a very odd practice with how water discipline was supposed to be practiced on Arrakis. After hearing the Count's remark about 'Water for the poor' he figured this wasted water would somehow make its way to the people. He had seen similar practices where nobles would provide an overabundance of food to guests and the scraps would be later handed out to the needy as a sign of their altruism.

EE1, Water Basin, Understand 4 + Faith 6, TN 10: 2#1d20 8 11
Passed 1 success.

After finishing with the basin, Dorian gracefully made his way to his seat.
Description
Genevieve Wallach

As Gene looked around to those in attendance, her gaze began to focus on those around. Best to figure out which of the ones are going to be the biggest problem to their goals.

~~
Using Passive Scrutiny and Hyperawareness together to gather some information about those in the room.

My two questions: Which among these guests look the least pleased to see us and which ones look the most susceptible to some good old fashion manipulation?
House Wallach | Someone of Actual Note | Councilor of the Audit | Maybe Not a Assassin? | So Happy to be Here | Not Really
Rima Birawi

Post by Rima Birawi »

Dorian Drake wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:55 pm
Dorian did not hesitate to follow the Count's example. Training as a Swordmaster of Ginaz, he was taught to think on his own, adapt and overcome, and very importantly, to stop thinking and do as was expected of him in the certain situations. This seemed like one such occasion.

He dipped his hands into a basin, scooped several cups of water out onto the floor just as the Count had (but no more and no less than the Count), dried his hands with a towel, and dropped it into the puddle he had made.

It seemed like a very odd practice with how water discipline was supposed to be practiced on Arrakis. After hearing the Count's remark about 'Water for the poor' he figured this wasted water would somehow make its way to the people. He had seen similar practices where nobles would provide an overabundance of food to guests and the scraps would be later handed out to the needy as a sign of their altruism.

EE1, Water Basin, Understand 4 + Faith 6, TN 10: 2#1d20 8 11
Passed 1 success.

After finishing with the basin, Dorian gracefully made his way to his seat.
A well-dressed woman at the table followed the Swordmaster's decorum with flirtatious interest.
Captain Kryubi

Post by Captain Kryubi »

It wasn't difficult for Genevieve to establish the most hostile attendee, even as he hid it beneath a veneer of indifferent professionalism. That man wore a Harkonnen uniform with epaulettes of a Burseg.
Weyer Paymon

Post by Weyer Paymon »

The man who *looked* like he could be bought had shifting, clever eyes and fidgeting hands. He disliked the formalism of the meeting as a waste of time, probably, and was anxious to profiteer from whatever situation he saw there.
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

Rima Birawi wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:06 pm
A well-dressed woman at the table followed the Swordmaster's decorum with flirtatious interest.
Although the intricacies of politics may sometimes allude him, Dorian was never one to miss the signs of attraction from the fairer sex, no matter how subtle. He spotted the fashionable woman eyeing him as he moved away from the basin.

Maneuvering himself to the seat adjacent to the woman in question, he bowed his head and extended his hand, palm up, to accept hers with a kiss. "What luck, I have found the oasis in the desert. I am Dorian Drake, Swordmaster of House Mutelli. Who might I have the honor of dining with tonight?"

Although his silly hat had been forgotten in the groundcar and his exquisite robe was now sullied with blood, that left Dorian in a more conservative outfit of black pants and shirt with a beige tunic. Both were freshly pressed and made presentable prior to departing the Frigate. The rosebud pommels of his kindjals protruded from his hips and a red sash somewhat masked the presence of his shield belt.
Description
Genevieve Wallach

Weyer Paymon wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:15 pm
The man who *looked* like he could be bought had shifting, clever eyes and fidgeting hands. He disliked the formalism of the meeting as a waste of time, probably, and was anxious to profiteer from whatever situation he saw there.
Genevieve smiled warmly at everyone at the table, looking over at all the guests before firmly placing herself next to the gentlemen and gave a large smile. "Lady Genevieve Wallach. Or just Lady Gene, if you prefer. I'm not one to get hung up on using short names." She kept her smile, but extended her hand to the gentleman. "Who do I have the pleasure of dining with this evening?"
Bomilcar Thorvald

Lingar Bewt wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:47 pm
"I couldn't help but notice you have some understanding of water necessities here on Arrakis, sir." Lingar said on a quiet note.
He nods at that. "Could help people instead," he replied, not ecstatic about the display.
Rima Birawi

Post by Rima Birawi »

Dorian Drake wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:34 pm
Although the intricacies of politics may sometimes allude him, Dorian was never one to miss the signs of attraction from the fairer sex, no matter how subtle. He spotted the fashionable woman eyeing him as he moved away from the basin.

Maneuvering himself to the seat adjacent to the woman in question, he bowed his head and extended his hand, palm up, to accept hers with a kiss. "What luck, I have found the oasis in the desert. I am Dorian Drake, Swordmaster of House Mutelli. Who might I have the honor of dining with tonight?"

Although his silly hat had been forgotten in the groundcar and his exquisite robe was now sullied with blood, that left Dorian in a more conservative outfit of black pants and shirt with a beige tunic. Both were freshly pressed and made presentable prior to departing the Frigate. The rosebud pommels of his kindjals protruded from his hips and a red sash somewhat masked the presence of his shield belt.
"Such a wellspring of thematic compliments you are, Dorian." The woman allowed her hand to be kissed. "You can call me Rima." She gave a a brief glance on the bloodstains. "Never too far from valiant exploits?" She asked with keen interest, resting her chin on a narrow-wristed hand.
Weyer Paymon

Post by Weyer Paymon »

Genevieve Wallach wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:47 pm
Genevieve smiled warmly at everyone at the table, looking over at all the guests before firmly placing herself next to the gentlemen and gave a large smile. "Lady Genevieve Wallach. Or just Lady Gene, if you prefer. I'm not one to get hung up on using short names." She kept her smile, but extended her hand to the gentleman. "Who do I have the pleasure of dining with this evening?"
"Quick to cross the dune's crest, aren't you, Lady Gene?" The man smiled wryly. "Since we're doing short names, you can call me Wey. I suppose we can figure out some pleasant subjects tonight. House Wallach has a reputation, but I'm not one to get hung on going beyond stereotypes and appearances."
Lingar Bewt

Post by Lingar Bewt »

Bomilcar Thorvald wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:53 pm
He nods at that. "Could help people instead," he replied, not ecstatic about the display.
"There isn't enough water on Arrakis for everyone to have as much as they want, or even need." Bewt commented. "Mostly it's the market forces that do the rationing."
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

Rima Birawi wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:13 pm
"Such a wellspring of thematic compliments you are, Dorian." The woman allowed her hand to be kissed. "You can call me Rima." She gave a a brief glance on the bloodstains. "Never too far from valiant exploits?" She asked with keen interest, resting her chin on a narrow-wristed hand.
Dorian was chagrined to see that he had neglected to clean some of the blood off of himself. "Well Lady Rima, I must apologize for this breach of etiquette I've brought to the table, although I am beginning to see it may not be such an uncommon sight here on Arrakis."

Her lack of concern about the blood intrigued him. He had seen nobles who frequented the bloodsports and were excited by the violence. However, she didn't seem to share those same perversions. Her nonchalance felt like something more rooted in familiarity.

"So, what brings you here tonight?"
Description