The Banquet [EE1]

Weyer Paymon

Re: The Banquet [EE1]

Post by Weyer Paymon »

Genevieve Wallach wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:26 pm
She smiles at him, thinking as he begins his statement. moment. "Naturally, nor would I would even try to pry into the nature of such a thing. As a member of House Wallach, you can be assured that I understand the importance of such confidentiality and can absolutely respect your need for it. I merely ask as a means to properly introduce myself later. This is my first real chance to enjoy the Count's company, after all. My father has allowed me to represent the family in this important endeavour, and I hope to make a good impression on everyone, yourself included."

She looks at him and to the people as he talks, smiling as he explains who they are and their titles, albeit brief.

~~
Spending a motivation point to ask a question: He obviously will, unconsciously, give a tell of who he likes or dislikes as he points to them and gives a name and position. Can I pick up who those people are?
"It takes a bit to get me impressed, Lady Gene. I have a fatal flaw of not believing in what seems too good to be true." His introductions indicated that Weyer was a kind of person that kept a professional distance and distrust toward almost everyone. No hostility toward the banker, no toward the Harkonnen burseg, a bit of warmth toward Omri and a bit of chilliness toward Lingar.
Rima Birawi

Post by Rima Birawi »

Dorian Drake wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:04 pm
"So you are close to the spaceport. Then perhaps we can have a more intimate conversation in the near future. For now, let us enjoy the hospitality of out hosts." he pours them each a glass of wine and raises his for a small, personal toast, "To prosperity here on Arrakis and to the entrepreneurs who drive it."
"Such a lovely toast, Dorian. A music to my ears." She tapped her earring as if the lack of music in the room was a disappointment, but was otherwise smiling with a hint of promise. "I look forward to our little conversational rendezvous."
Bomilcar Thorvald

Post by Bomilcar Thorvald »

"Would it?" he asks, possibly pointedly... It's hard to tell with him.
House Thorvald * Inglorious Bastard * Protector * Kind Heart * Hard Eyes * Intense * Scarred * Quiet
Carries: Broken-back Saex, Personal Shield
Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

Omri B'rrican wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:34 pm
"I'd have to check that." That was probably a fat lie, but the miner was cringing under the gaze of the Harkonnen commander. Omri looked at Addison's lips as she licked them. "Nah, I ken mentat yer not. They have their lips stained all over with that Ecazi drug, sapho, that makes their minds race like you've described. Yours are well and bonny, lassie." He grinned, perhaps satisfied to have changed the subject.
"What do the workers do for entertainment out here? I assume there is some need to blow off steam with such conditions"
House Londine | Financial Analyst | Honest | Non-Combatant
Accompanied by: Addison Passepartout & Kage
Daryen Alhwin

Post by Daryen Alhwin »

A well dressed man with dark skin and light colored yet also dull eyes was seated at the table. He had been there the whole time of course his eyes moving around the table absorbing everything happening around him with a cool indifference.

The man seemed to fade into the background a little so it was not surprising that no one had approached him yet but he was there quietly eating and drinking and watching what happened around him.
House Hagal * Mentat * Sharp Eyes * Quiet * Probably knows more than you*
Genevieve Wallach

Post by Genevieve Wallach »

Weyer Paymon wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:08 am

"It takes a bit to get me impressed, Lady Gene. I have a fatal flaw of not believing in what seems too good to be true." His introductions indicated that Weyer was a kind of person that kept a professional distance and distrust toward almost everyone. No hostility toward the banker, no toward the Harkonnen burseg, a bit of warmth toward Omri and a bit of chilliness toward Lingar.
She nods. "Should we all be so lucky as to have such a flaw." She looks on at him for a moment. "Thank you, at least now I have somewhere to start with those around me. I'll think of something to repay your small kindness for me this evening. "

She at least got a good understanding of the man, at least as a good first impression. Didn't seem like someone she could entirely rely on, but seemed at least to be a honest type, at least when it came to trying to make a profit. That was good to know. Didn't trust her, but that was only a point in his favor. Overall, he was at least someone who could help her in her own personal, at least with his first impressions of him.
House Wallach | Someone of Actual Note | Councilor of the Audit | Maybe Not a Assassin? | So Happy to be Here | Not Really
Lingar Bewt

Post by Lingar Bewt »

Bomilcar Thorvald wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:31 am
"Would it?" he asks, possibly pointedly... It's hard to tell with him.
"Try as they might, they have never managed to solve the Fremen problem." Lingar said neutrally, not making his own preference in this conflict known.
Omri B'rrican

Post by Omri B'rrican »

Claudius Reins wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:14 am
"What do the workers do for entertainment out here? I assume there is some need to blow off steam with such conditions"
"We go to bars, or to one of those places run by Rima or the Bewts if there's an occasion. We have some Ixian games and solido at the bases. But the work's hard, and folks come here to save up, so it's often just sleep through the worst hours and back to the shift."
Count Fenring

Post by Count Fenring »

Daryen Alhwin wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:24 am
A well dressed man with dark skin and light colored yet also dull eyes was seated at the table. He had been there the whole time of course his eyes moving around the table absorbing everything happening around him with a cool indifference.

The man seemed to fade into the background a little so it was not surprising that no one had approached him yet but he was there quietly eating and drinking and watching what happened around him.
"A mentat, ah." Daryen drew the attention of the Count. "No other House.... hmmm-oh.... has sent a mentat."

The casual, even light tone, peppered with Fenring's trademark mannerism, could presage anything.

"Mentats need data to perform, uh-ah?"
Noble | Imperial Spice Minister | Friend of the Emperor | Assassin
Weyer Paymon

Post by Weyer Paymon »

Genevieve Wallach wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:19 am
She nods. "Should we all be so lucky as to have such a flaw." She looks on at him for a moment. "Thank you, at least now I have somewhere to start with those around me. I'll think of something to repay your small kindness for me this evening. "

She at least got a good understanding of the man, at least as a good first impression. Didn't seem like someone she could entirely rely on, but seemed at least to be a honest type, at least when it came to trying to make a profit. That was good to know. Didn't trust her, but that was only a point in his favor. Overall, he was at least someone who could help her in her own personal, at least with his first impressions of him.
"I'll keep my curiosity in check until that time then." Weyer nodded, returning the gaze. "Good hunting."
Bomilcar Thorvald

Lingar Bewt wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:31 am
"Try as they might, they have never managed to solve the Fremen problem." Lingar said neutrally, not making his own preference in this conflict known.
He nods thoughtfully at that. "Is it a problem?" he asks. "Seems overblown." He he exhales before taking a drink. "They're people. Just show respect.". As though that would solve the problem... though to be fair, if that had been the standard model of interaction in general things that might seem problematic now might simply cause friction rather than resentment.
House Thorvald * Inglorious Bastard * Protector * Kind Heart * Hard Eyes * Intense * Scarred * Quiet
Lingar Bewt

Post by Lingar Bewt »

"The Shield Wall is a boundary. Within it, we have the normal civilisation. Outside it, there is wild, harsh land with wild, harsh people. There is a saying, that polish comes from the cities, while wisdom comes from the desert. But that's more a division between what's cultured and what's primal. And these two worlds keep colliding, but they can't live without one another. The northern polar region has water, the open deserts have spice." Still, Bewt didn't indicate his preference.
Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

Omri B'rrican wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:38 am
Claudius Reins wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:14 am
"We go to bars, or to one of those places run by Rima or the Bewts if there's an occasion. We have some Ixian games and solido at the bases. But the work's hard, and folks come here to save up, so it's often just sleep through the worst hours and back to the shift."
Addison's eyes alight on the man over to one side and she nods his direction, bringing the attention of her companion to him. "It looks like we spoke to soon about no new Mentats arriving, or is that one of the locals?"
Omri B'rrican

Post by Omri B'rrican »

"That one came with ye, I am sure." Omri took a moment to eat something.
Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

Omri B'rrican wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:06 pm
"That one came with ye, I am sure." Omri took a moment to eat something.
"Since our staff is made up of many houses, I am not familiar with all of them, but he must have kept to himself during the voyage, not surprising most Mentats are not the most extroverted of people in my experience. "
Omri B'rrican

Post by Omri B'rrican »

"Would ye like them to be extroverted, eh? Flooding ye with wormshit of data whenever they open their mouth?" Omri chuckled. The plight of talkative mentats was all too real.
Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

Omri B'rrican wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:28 pm
"Would ye like them to be extroverted, eh? Flooding ye with wormshit of data whenever they open their mouth?" Omri chuckled. The plight of talkative mentats was all too real.
"Yes, truly a terrifying proposition" She sips her water
Bomilcar Thorvald

Lingar Bewt wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:02 pm
"The Shield Wall is a boundary. Within it, we have the normal civilisation. Outside it, there is wild, harsh land with wild, harsh people. There is a saying, that polish comes from the cities, while wisdom comes from the desert. But that's more a division between what's cultured and what's primal. And these two worlds keep colliding, but they can't live without one another. The northern polar region has water, the open deserts have spice." Still, Bewt didn't indicate his preference.
"You're in the middle?" Bomilcar asks, curious.
Lingar Bewt

Post by Lingar Bewt »

"Across." Lingar said without raising or lowering his voice.
Bomilcar Thorvald

He nods his understanding. "You help all survive," he says with a respectful tone. Not that his tone before was disrespectful.
Lingar Bewt

Post by Lingar Bewt »

"This is how I survive." Lingar added after nodding. "This is how I teach my daughter to survive."
Bomilcar Thorvald

"Survival is everything," he says with a nod, agreeing with the sentiment. "Can't live without it."

A very honest and straightforward view on his own duty of helping people survive.
Lorra Giap

Post by Lorra Giap »

Abad Nejhre wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:06 am

[Complication: Belief that people on Arrakis just tend to be irrational and there is no need to search for deeper meanings.]

Her diamond was spotted and insistently gazed upon by the man in the cape that wore the Guild pin.
Lorra had done well to keep her tongue behind her teeth so far. People talked. People mingled. People doing people things.

She had her opinion on such things.

Still, the Guildsman had been making eyes. She approached him. "Good evening."
House Vernius | Suk Doctor | Imperial Conditioning | Tinkerer | Ixian
"I think, and my thoughts cross the barrier into the synapses of the machine - just as the good doctor intended."
Lingar Bewt

Post by Lingar Bewt »

Bomilcar Thorvald wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:05 am
"Survival is everything," he says with a nod, agreeing with the sentiment. "Can't live without it."

A very honest and straightforward view on his own duty of helping people survive.
"Off all these newcomers, I think you will do fine here with this mindset, lord Bomilcar." Lingar added a small smile to his words, and then reoriented himself toward the food. The Fenrings served delicacies he didn't want to see wasted.
Abad Nejhre

Post by Abad Nejhre »

Lorra Giap wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:38 am
Lorra had done well to keep her tongue behind her teeth so far. People talked. People mingled. People doing people things.

She had her opinion on such things.

Still, the Guildsman had been making eyes. She approached him. "Good evening."
"Good evening, doctor. A Suk professional is a rare view on Arrakis. Wealth flows from here, to here - less so."