[Day 7, SMS] Squad Report.

Reyyan Ebrahammi

[Day 7, SMS] Squad Report.

Post by Reyyan Ebrahammi »

Having gotten the indication of needing to talk from Tyekanik earlier, Reyyan made sure to make time for him as soon as she could, after the meeting with the Count. So it was she'd requisitioned a room in the Residency, a plain room with a table and one small window.

Having sent information to him that she'd done so, Rey waited in her armor, helmet off and resting on a chair next to her.
Sardaukar * Armored * Guardian * Strict * Loyal * Fanatical * Religious * Tall * Levenbrech
Kannon

Re: [Day 7, SMS] Squad Report.

Post by Kannon »

Tyekanik had his own small spartan office Deep in the Residency but he humoured her, arriving at the spot.

"Your thoughts, Levenbrech, before I pass orders?"
The Maker | Blessed Her Coming and Going
Reyyan Ebrahammi

Kannon wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:21 am
Tyekanik had his own small spartan office Deep in the Residency but he humoured her, arriving at the spot.

"Your thoughts, Levenbrech, before I pass orders?"
Reyyan saluted as he entered, staying standing after doing so.

"I think our little group is underestimating the difficulties in their little plan, sir. Politics and Harkonnen are two deep swamps to cross, and having both at once just makes the dangers all the more prominent. If they aren't extremely careful in the next few days, all their work for CHOAM and his Imperial Majesty will be for naught."

A slight pause, "...it will be a difficult line between guarding them from any retribution versus guarding them against themselves."
Sardaukar * Armored * Guardian * Strict * Loyal * Fanatical * Religious * Tall * Levenbrech
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"A succinct assessment. This audit is not much more successful than others before it, which have failed to make a difference in the end. But there is one important variation now, which is that the Emperor wishes it to grant him leverage to deal with the Landsraad. If there is a spice trafficking conspiracy among the Houses, and with ties to the Noble Commonwealth, letting it continue would weaken the throne. The punishment of Verduns may not have been enough. Tull, Londine, and Uchan are now also investigated, in addition to Harkonnen here. The Emperor expects to be able to make a strong case before the Landsraad once he pushes back against the traitorous moods."

Tyekanik paused." And when the Emperor wishes, the Sardaukar provide. You have my permission to go rogue alongside them and help them find the spot. Count's Mentat Grix Dardik has computed its existence. There is a company of our troops on a monitor in orbit, able to deploy on 15 min alert and secure the site. You will be given the targeting marker. If all this ends well, expect promotion. If it ends in blunder, you will face the consequences of going rogue."
Reyyan Ebrahammi

"Of course. For the Emperor."

She seemed to think for a moment.

"...still in uniform though, from the sounds of it? Make it known we are Sardaukar?"
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"Of course." Tyekanik said. "You will be disavowed only if you fail. The company on the monitor will go down with you if you call them into failure. They know this. They have been given similar orders."
Reyyan Ebrahammi

That got a raised eyebrow, "What, not disavow my actions themselves and take me out?"
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"Because the outcome won't be known until after you have fully acted." He paused. "The added responsibility for the troops will add a test of command to your decision-making. We are Sardaukar."

He let that sink in. "You can take one more with you to wherever they will be going. The rest of the detail will stay on the frigate. I suggest Iqbal Ruteanu. He has shown good judgement in the incident in the Cielago Depression."
Reyyan Ebrahammi

"Not even two? It's so much more intimidating when you have one flanking you on each side you know."
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"If you think the two of you is not enough, very well. All the more pressure on you to command them well." This didn't sound like a reproof this time, however. The Sardaukar were often trained to operate in trios, so he took it as her good instincts speaking. "Anything else, Levenbrech? Do you need to visit the armoury?"
Reyyan Ebrahammi

"Perhaps a lasgun would be wanted, if I'm trying this as I think I am. Not to use of course, but just the threat of use. I fully intend to be very conspicuous so CHOAM's little inspectors can be a little less harassed; More chance our Emperor can get his proof and this will all not have been a waste. And more chance these Harkonnen pigs can get the chance to feel a little bit of Sardaukar justice in the end, maybe take their pride down a peg or two."

Not that Rey had seen the proof of this illegal funneling of Spice in the same way some of the others had, but it all fit together to nicely for her not to believe it. And if there was anything Reyyan hated, it was someone working behind the Emperor's back. Such people did not deserve to live.
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"A lasgun is yours to pick up." Tyekanik agreed to the notion without commenting on the justification. "Harkonnen may have shields though."