[Day 7 - SMS ] Lady Fenring in the Dark

Dorian Drake

[Day 7 - SMS ] Lady Fenring in the Dark

Post by Dorian Drake »

Shortly after concluding the meeting with the Count, Dorian requested a meeting with Lady Fenring. There was little time left to fulfill his mission and he had limited resources available here on Arrakis, so he would need to rely on others.
House Mutelli |Swordmaster of Ginaz | Duelist | Opulent | Charismatic
Description
Carries: Two Kindjals and a Shield Belt
Wears: Stillsuit and Red Sash over Shield Belt
Accompanied by Lawtech Edwell Santini
Lady Fenring

Re: [Day 7 - SMS ] Lady Fenring in the Dark

Post by Lady Fenring »

She agreed to meet with him in the great hall, in one of the side naves, beneath a relief woodcarvings representing an oddity on Arrakis - fish.

"A Swordmaster of Ginaz and a Bene Gesserit meet at the Hour of Assassins. Quite dramatic a setup." She began as she approached, her aba robe rustling in the empty hall.
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

Giving a respectful bow to welcome the Lady, Dorian responds, "More a matter of practicality while avoiding the heat of the day than an ill omen. I thank you for accommodating me. I am hopeful that you may be of assistance to us auditors. As you heard before, we would like to move about without every Harkonnen on Arrakis knowing where. If we cannot make use of the audit's resources, would you know of any resources we might be able to call on for an unobserved trip?"
Description
Lady Fenring

Post by Lady Fenring »

"Wouldn't you assume that the Harkonnen have planted their spies even here, and you have just compromised your purpose by speaking out loud? You cannot afford this kind of carelessness." She chided him gently. "Fortunately, we are in a cone of silence, a useful Ixian resource of its own kind, so this one time we can speak freely and directly. What kind of resources then?"

A cone of silence! A sign of either trust or supreme confidence. Whatever happened here would not be overheard. Her first words gained meaning.
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

Dorian knew that the Lady would not invite him to meet in such a spot unless there was some measures against the curious. One did not obtain the reputation nor the responsibility of the Count and Lady Fenring by acting without caution.

"Some form of unmarked transportation available at False Wall West so that some of the auditors can slip away to a nearby location without the oversight of the Harkonnens. If a distraction can be provided during their departure, all the better."
Description
Lady Fenring

Post by Lady Fenring »

"I don't think it's a reasonable expectation that you can slip out a high-security location unnoticed, distraction or not. It is more reasonable that you can lose tail once out of Wind Pass, in the wilderness of the ridge. We certainly cannot provide anything like an off-records lighter on such a short notice. There can be nothing that carries the footprints of my husband. Two solutions come to mind. One involves free traders, the other the Fremen. Each carries its own risks, but both cast your fates to the mercy of this planet." Her voice was gentle, thoughtful, somehow taking off some gravity from a situation, allowing it to be felt as an armchair decision.
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

"Between the two, I think the safer bet is the Fremen. They are a wildcard, but they are a wildcard with good reason not to double cross us."
Description
Lady Fenring

Post by Lady Fenring »

"My headmistress Mapes shall go with you. Once she is allowed to contact her people, she will make arrangements to provide the transit for you." Margot didn't say whether she approved of this course of action but apparently was prepared to accommodate it without delay.
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

"I thank you my Lady. We will gladly accept the aide of your headmistress. If there isn't anything else, I should be on my way back to the Frigate with the other auditors." Dorian bows respectfully and waits for Lady Fenring to either speak up or to dismiss him.
Description
Lady Fenring

Post by Lady Fenring »

"This is the favour I am imparting on my husband's behalf." Lady Margot said. "But I am also aware that I owe some of you one more, on behalf of the Sisterhood, for aiding in one of our own in not being apprehended by the Harkonnen. The information she has carried out of Arrakis will be very appreciated on Wallach IX. While I am in power to accommodate various wishes..." She smiled in an interesting way. "...I'd suggest you keep this favour for when you will truly need it. Which may be in this mission's aftermath."
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

"You are most gracious Lady Fenring, I will not make light of this future favor." Dorian was suspicious of this generosity. Being a retainer for House Mutelli, he was very familiar with the tactic of indebting yourself to someone to create connections. He had used this same tactic to great effect in the past, although he generally preferred to put others into his debt than the reverse. That being said, only a fool would shy away from a favor owed by the Bene Gesserit, especially one as influential as Lady Fenring.
Description
Lady Fenring

Post by Lady Fenring »

Lady Fenring nodded in acknowledgement and farewell, then stepped out of the cone of silence, into the hall, leaving Dorian to deal with any possible assassins that may come at this hour on his own.

/exit