Day 1 (SMS) - Audit Planning

Claudius Reins

Day 1 (SMS) - Audit Planning

Post by Claudius Reins »

Claudius Reins has sent invitation via the house staff to the various members of the CHOAM missions rooms to meet a couple hours before sunrise and strategize/ plan the first steps of their mission. He has acquired one of the counts sitting rooms for this purpose and arrives a little early making sure everything is prepared.
House Londine | Financial Analyst | Honest | Non-Combatant
Accompanied by: Addison Passepartout & Kage
Cuyler Gray

Re: Day 1 (SMS) - Audit Planning

Post by Cuyler Gray »

The Mutelli chef is the first to arrive.

"Good evening."
House Mutelli 🔪 Spice Sommelier 🔪 Chef 🔪 Observant 🔪 Detail Oriented

Carries: Chef's Knife
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

Having satisfied himself with the condition of his stillsuit, Dorian moved on to answer the invitation from the delegate from House Londine.

He gave Cuyler a small wave and addressed the host of the hour. "Mr. Reins, I don't believe we had the opportunity to meet on our journey here, I am Dorian Drake, Swordmaster of House Mutelli."
House Mutelli |Swordmaster of Ginaz | Duelist | Opulent | Charismatic
Description
Carries: Two Kindjals and a Shield Belt
Wears: Stillsuit and Red Sash over Shield Belt
Accompanied by Lawtech Edwell Santini
Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

"I have some thoughts about where we can start our investigations, and would like to hear those of the other members of the mission as well."
Genevieve Wallach

Post by Genevieve Wallach »

Genevieve entered the room with a deep sigh. The fitting of her stillsuit was, well, a experience. Nothing enjoyable about wearing one, really. Went up lots of places she would have preferred to have nothing in. Though, given the options of uncomfortableness or dying of thirst, she'd happily deal with the uncomfortable nature of the suit.

She entered and seeing Dorian there, waved at him. "Hello Dorian. How is Edwell recovering?" She smiled at the others and nodded. "And hello to the rest of you. Lady Genevieve Wallach. Pleasure to be working with you on this matter."
House Wallach | Someone of Actual Note | Councilor of the Audit | Maybe Not a Assassin? | So Happy to be Here | Not Really
Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

"If we are going to complete the Imperial mission, we will need access to the Harkonnen books, both the ones they plan to give us and the real ones. I doubt they will be willing to share the second set, so we may need to reconstruct them our selves. I propose we attempt to review the records of the Harvester Maintenance facilities and the Dune Men Union if possible, I am also open to other suggestions."
Genevieve Wallach

She rolled her eyes at the gentlemen speaking as she sat down. "Is this your first time staying in a hostile environment, Claudius Reins?" She gave a blank look on her face, staring at him as he spoke, calmly looking thru some of her belongings. The meaning of the term 'hostile environment' could be interpreted in various means.

Wey was kind enough to point out everyone's name during the buffet, so there was no need for them to introduce them for her to know who they were before placing a black disk on the table staring before reaching for some other devices in a pouch.
House Wallach | Someone of Actual Note | Councilor of the Audit | Maybe Not a Assassin? | So Happy to be Here | Not Really
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

Genevieve Wallach wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:50 am
She entered and seeing Dorian there, waved at him. "Hello Dorian. How is Edwell recovering?" She smiled at the others and nodded. "And hello to the rest of you. Lady Genevieve Wallach. Pleasure to be working with you on this matter."
"Welcome Lady Wallach, I am glad we are graced by your company. Edwell is recovering quite nicely thanks to your assistance." Dorian says very amicably.
Claudius Reins wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:15 am
"If we are going to complete the Imperial mission, we will need access to the Harkonnen books, both the ones they plan to give us and the real ones. I doubt they will be willing to share the second set, so we may need to reconstruct them our selves. I propose we attempt to review the records of the Harvester Maintenance facilities and the Dune Men Union if possible, I am also open to other suggestions."
After listening to Claudius, Dorian responds, "It would be a stroke of luck to find records exposing Harkonnen duplicity in the maintenance logs and an act of God to find a union man willing to cross them... That being said, those are excellent suggestions to begin our investigations.

I've no better alternatives. Although I think I will take Edwell for a walk around town at first light when the curfew is lifted to see what we can see. After the display we saw last night on the way in, there might be a few people willing to loose their lips about Harkonnen practices."
Description
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"I'm curious as to how much spice was lost today." Cuyler said. "What was actually lost and what we will be told."

Genevieve Wallach

She again at the Dorian and the other woman who she was not introduced to and shook her head. They were rather amateurish about this, but the missing Spice was a question that needed to be answered.

Placing a device in her ear, she walked around the room and placed a small earpiece in front of them before securing one into her own ear and touched the black disk as it started to rise off the ground a little, before being placed and suspended above the room. "Feasibleness hop to go lip. Hypoactive id rut rue nee." She motions to the device she gave and to her ear.
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

Dorian humored Gene and put the earpiece in.

He had heard a little from Cuyler about this missing spice earlier, but he wanted more details.
Description
Genevieve Wallach

"Thank you." Her lips didn't match the words, but the earpiece allowed the mashed words to be made clear. "Ixian Dampner, has a wide variety of uses within my family. One of them is to prevent unwanted listeners. Discussing how to properly deal with this audit, not to mention Spice going missing may be such a reason to use it."

To everyone else, those words just sounded like garbled junk until they put the pieces in.

No need to discuss with Dorian how her family normally used these devices, though; best to leave it to his imagination.
Lorra Giap

Post by Lorra Giap »

Demonstrate Ixian technology and what do you know, they just appear.

Lorra had been otherwise engaged, but fate determined this was a good a time as any for the good doctor to make her appearance. She arrived and nodded to the Londine nous who had planned this whole thing and, like a good Ixian, promptly played the part of inscrutable mute.
House Vernius | Suk Doctor | Imperial Conditioning | Tinkerer | Ixian
"I think, and my thoughts cross the barrier into the synapses of the machine - just as the good doctor intended."
Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

Claudius collects one of the ear pieces and slips it in. "I can see the wisdom in this discretion, its not something I would normally bother with in my duties, but this does seem to be a special case."
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

Cuyler followed the example of the others.

Genevieve Wallach

"You may live longer for using discresion, Claudius Reins."

Genevieve looked upon the Ixian woman and looked her over, reading her silence to try to determine something before handing her a earpiece. "Now, what about this Spice business. That explosion was to destroy it?"
Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

"According to our witness it was an illegal Harkonnen spice storage warehouse, the local terrorists blew it up both to deny the Spice to the Harkonnens and to bring it to the auditors attention"
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

"That is certainly worth further investigation. I'd be happy to tag along if anyone wants to see what we can see tomorrow, say after that damnable Sun sets."
Description
Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

"Do we know of anywhere locally that might have records I can begin reviewing? My specialties are in forensic accounting, not really field work, if you can find records I can sort through them and make sense of them. "
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

Another man knocked before entering the room and joining the group

''My apologies for my delay, I had to change bandages.''
Fremen * Light * Discreet * Faithful * Loyal * Just *
Genevieve Wallach

"Onto nudity, nurse dad." Gene said to the newcomer. she sighed and grabbed another earpiece and handed it to the newcomer. "Wear this, please." She said, motioning to her own in her ear. It it was more garbled text to those without the earpiece, however.

Turning around to the others, she sighed. "There has to be better ways to grab our attention. I'm all for investigating the scene with you, Dorian. I'd rather like to know why I have this splitting headache for."
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

"Onto nudity, nurse dad."
This was odd and unlikely to be what the woman truly meant but the Ayawa shrugged and removed his shirt to reveal his toned body before grabbing the earpiece

''I am both intrigued and disappointed'' he said with a large smile
Genevieve Wallach

All Genevieve did was stare at the man for a few moments. the eye movements were quick and thorough. Whether or not she, herself, was disappointed was something only someone trained in her skills could determine.

"Well, that is life. We were just told about the attack on our way here was a message to us. We were just trying to figure out the means to get into the records. If someone points me to the one in charge of such things, I will do my best to ensure that you have those records, Claudius Reins. Until then, I would suggest exercising caution around Captain Kryubi."

She did not put any further emphasis on why she would say that.
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

''A message? By the Fremen I assume. That make some sense...Might need work on their timing though.'' he stretched his neck ''Was the site investigated? I apologize if the topic was already approached''
Bomilcar Thorvald

Post by Bomilcar Thorvald »

Bomilcar had been present and silent for the meeting this far. He had taken an ea piece when offered so he was up to speed.

"Got a guy in the Dune Men," he says finally contributing. "May help with that."
House Thorvald * Inglorious Bastard * Protector * Kind Heart * Hard Eyes * Intense * Scarred * Quiet
Carries: Broken-back Saex, Personal Shield