[Day 2 - FMS] Death by Sook Sook

Kannon

Re: [Day 2 - FMS] Death by Sook Sook

Post by Kannon »

"Questions are better than accusations, a bit! Answers still carry a price. One does not come to water-richness in Arrakeen by being a fool."
The Maker | Blessed Her Coming and Going
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"Of course." she nodded. "I'm sure we can offer something satisfactory."

She glanced at the others.
House Mutelli πŸ”ͺ Spice Sommelier πŸ”ͺ Chef πŸ”ͺ Observant πŸ”ͺ Detail Oriented

Carries: Chef's Knife
Bomilcar Thorvald

Post by Bomilcar Thorvald »

Bom sat and listened, not exactly relaxing on a cushion. Others were better at this kind of stuff than he was.
House Thorvald * Inglorious Bastard * Protector * Kind Heart * Hard Eyes * Intense * Scarred * Quiet
Carries: Broken-back Saex, Personal Shield
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

At the mention of reciprocation, Edwell speaks up, "Perhaps we can help one another. As I mentioned earlier, we came here in search of information on some men who attacked our group. Let me be clear, we did not come here for retaliation or to censure anyone. We are professionals and such infractions can easily be overlooked with the right motivation." Edwell paused a moment to make sure his sincerity was conveyed.

"However, they had appeared to be from the Water Sellers' Union. If you do not have any knowledge of it, then maybe someone is trying to make it look like you were behind it. Or it is possible that a rogue element of your Union is acting outside of your purview. In either case, that would potentially make them an enemy to both of our interests."
House Mutelli |Swordmaster of Ginaz | Duelist | Opulent | Charismatic
Description
Carries: Two Kindjals and a Shield Belt
Wears: Stillsuit and Red Sash over Shield Belt
Accompanied by Lawtech Edwell Santini
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"You use so many words I am losing the meaning." Jago sighed theatrically, having clearly developed a dislike of Edwell. "You think all people are with us for life? They sign up and sign out! Someone else buys them, or the job's too hard for them when they stop being water-stricken. We know who our enemies are. I said we lost seven people in employ last night. Maybe some of them will show up again, maybe not. You want me, Emrys Jago, to give you something for nothing, to spill water into sand. Make me an offer or be on your way. You're scaring off the clients."
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"My friends were attack, Jago." she frowned. "We want to know who and why, so that it does not happen again. It draws too much attention."

"I could make you dinner, if you'd like." she offered. "Show you what I know in trade for what you know."
House Mutelli πŸ”ͺ Spice Sommelier πŸ”ͺ Chef πŸ”ͺ Observant πŸ”ͺ Detail Oriented

Bomilcar Thorvald

Bomilcar was about to offer simpler words. By this point he had a feeling his more direct speech might be a stronger match, perhaps develop a respect between fighting men. But he still leaves it to the others.
House Thorvald * Inglorious Bastard * Protector * Kind Heart * Hard Eyes * Intense * Scarred * Quiet
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

Edwell tried his best to be more accommodating to Emrys. "I apologize, let me lay it out for you as directly as I can. The involvement of those men in the attack, along with some of the implications they made before they met their end, and the connection between them and the recent attacks that triggered the pogrom, would be very, very bad for the Water Sellers' Union if that information made it to the Harkonnens. But, we are no friends to the Harkonnen, we are here to investigate them, not the Union. That is why we came here to find an ally who might have some evidence of Harkonnen activities that would interest CHOAM and the Landsraad."

OOC: Trying to start an Intrigue Conflict using blackmail asset from my Mask of Power talent. Objective is to improve our disposition with Emrys Jago and the Union and to get to the bottom of who attacked Dorian and Edwell.
Description
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"You don't know the first thing about doing business here, old man."

Emrys whistled and rose. It sounded like a signal.

FMS2. Discipline. 7+7=14. Focus. Threat 3: +2 dice. +2 final difficulty for Anxiety and Unfriendly.: 4#1d20 19 9 2 5

[Difficulty of 5+2=7 to overcome on a Communicate Roll. Can be assisted by any PC in the room but that would make them complicit in Edwell's blackmail attempt.]

[Every escalating act gives me +1 Threat from now on.]
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

Edwell saw things going sideways and tried his best to shift the conversation back on track. "I only know how to do business as I always have, and that is to come here and show you what I know. I have presented the evidence that we were meant to find to you in good faith. Instead of being angry with me, we should work together to stop whoever is trying to attack us and to frame you, before they take more direct action, or worse involve the Harkonnens as they likely intended for us to do."
-----
FMS2, Let's be friends, Communitcate 8 + Truth 7, focus diplomacy, +6 threat: 5#1d20 16 7 9 11 7
6 successes
Description
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"Emrys, it's alright." Cuyler assured him. "He doesn't know your ways. He doesn't understand. But, I want to learn your ways."

Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

Ahmina began to blend in the background...for reasons
Fremen * Light * Discreet * Faithful * Loyal * Just *
Bomilcar Thorvald

Bomilcar nods at Cuylers explanation and puts a hand on Edwell's shoulder. "Enough," is the simple command, shaking his head at him. "No more."

Upsetting the host wasn't getting them anywhere.
Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

Claudius listens and watches but does not comment, letting Gray and Edwell play good cop bad cop.
House Londine | Financial Analyst | Honest | Non-Combatant
Accompanied by: Addison Passepartout & Kage
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Ahmina wrote: ↑
Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:50 am
Ahmina began to blend in the background...for reasons
It was a well-lit, single room; was shy trying to get into any side-passages?

[Move (Stealth) 3]
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Cuyler Gray wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:57 pm
"Emrys, it's alright." Cuyler assured him. "He doesn't know your ways. He doesn't understand. But, I want to learn your ways."
"Then you stay, but he leaves." Emrys sacrficed some flare in him manner to show some steel underneath.
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"Can my other friends stay?" she asked.

Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"If you vouch for them with your freedom. If any misbehaves, I, Emrys Jago, will enslave you."
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

That earned a glare. "That will not happen, I assure you."

She turned her attention to the others. "Edwell, I appreciate your efforts, but I think it is best to do as he asks."

Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Two guards of the Desert Sipwell appeared from the outside to 'help' him. There was some commotion from virtually all directions of corridors stretching out from the antechamber, giving them a sense of being surrounded. Emrys wasn't making any violent moves though.
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

Seeing that his plea for cooperation was falling on deaf ears and listening to the requests of his group, Edwell silently stands up, bows to Emrys Jago and exits the brothel peaceably.
Description
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Only when he'd been led out, another person entered the antechamber, with a swaying walk of a proficient belly-dancer.

"That's enough on your part too, Emrys. Please keep your guard. I'll pick up this conversation from here."

The woman, no more than in her twenties, who - depending on one's ease in succumbing to carnal stimuli - was a fountain of grace/sexuality, moved to one of the cushions. Emrys adjusted quickly, saying nothing more, giving indication who was the boss here.

"So you come to us with a problem you want our aid in solving, is this how I should be understanding the situation?"
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"It is." Cuyler replied. "We fully expect to find enemies as we carry out our task on Arrakis. But, we want to know who those enemies are. Having been attacked, we want to know why. Things are often not as they seem. We would hope that uncovering this information might be mutually beneficial, but if there is something more you'd request, we will certain consider it."

Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Despite her deceptive looks and manners, the woman apparently had a sharp mind and a knack for getting things across.

"I haven't ordered anything of that kind, just like Emrys said. Actually, uncle Lingar spoke rather well of some of you." She smiled at Bomilcar. "If our people were involved, it means they have gone rogue, made some stupid choices, or sold their loyalties. If any of the seven missing are alive, we'll learn something sooner or later. Question is, what it is worth to you. As you have already learnt the unpleasant way, we don't tolerate having our arm twisted, but can strike deals."
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"At times, it is difficult to see which path to take." she sighed. "I truly would like to know more about you and gain an understanding of the situation here. That would help me in determining what we can offer."