[Day 2 - FMS] Death by Sook Sook

Kannon

Re: [Day 2 - FMS] Death by Sook Sook

Post by Kannon »

"Oh, there is a lot to say about me. I come from humble beginnings, a mere orphan from unknown Fremen father and a mother of the Graben. Emrys was so born to both wildness and culture, and that helped him survive on the streets of Arrakeen! He stole and fought and ran and did all things to survive, and survived! Lingar Bewt found him and gave him food and shelter and raised him to be a man of the kindjal. I, Emrys Jago, have been paying that debt with the kindjal, dealing with all who threaten the Bewts. I am feared. When I, Emrys Jago, am in Arrakeen, business of the family is safe!"
The Maker | Blessed Her Coming and Going
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"Such a great man deserves a great meal." she nodded.
House Mutelli πŸ”ͺ Spice Sommelier πŸ”ͺ Chef πŸ”ͺ Observant πŸ”ͺ Detail Oriented

Carries: Chef's Knife
Bomilcar Thorvald

Post by Bomilcar Thorvald »

Kannon wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:14 pm
She let their bodies brush against one another, lightly, when passing through a narrow door frame, in a playful ritual she wasn't ashamed of.

"Do you think that you can fit here? My uncle told me that you come from a very cold world."
"Been around. Been hot places. Not like this though," he says. And it was true, being a bodyguard to important heirs to a strong house. He'd traveled significantly more than any of his other siblings, since he ttaveled with them much of the time.
House Thorvald * Inglorious Bastard * Protector * Kind Heart * Hard Eyes * Intense * Scarred * Quiet
Carries: Broken-back Saex, Personal Shield
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:05 pm
In the office, there were indeed some loose documents of spice paper left on the low table, just near unfinished coffee. Zenzi must have been going over them when they had intruded upon the Desert Sipwell and had made all the ruckus. They were full of unknown names and unfamiliar abbreviations, and Ahmina wasn't exactly an avid reader. That wasn't on the sietch curriculum.

[Understand 3 to get the gist of the content.]
Ahmina made a conscious effort not to groan. She'd rather just take everything and get someone like Liet or Cybilus do the reading...and she was in a hurry.

Still, she remembered her oaths and the dream. She breathed in and began skimming the documents...no one would blame her for not trying
---
understanding the documents, understand (4)+Faith (8), momentum for +1: 3#1d20 16 8 8
...succeed at a cost?
Fremen * Light * Discreet * Faithful * Loyal * Just *
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

...and she got the gist of it. It was about the underhanded dealings of the Bewts with one Esmar Tuek, a name known to Ahmina as the key smuggler on Arrakis; some details of their rivalry with Rima Birawi as well as their plans to wrest back control of their water retail operations from the Guild banker Abad Nejhre. There was indeed nothing on the incident from the morning, except a brief asessment of losses due to the Harkonnen pogrom.

And then she spilled some coffee on the documents.

[Complication: Leaving Trace]
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Cuyler Gray wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:53 pm
"Such a great man deserves a great meal." she nodded.
"And after that, a great exertion? I can't grow fat." He chuckled, trying to touch her hair.
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Bomilcar Thorvald wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:28 pm
"Been around. Been hot places. Not like this though," he says. And it was true, being a bodyguard to important heirs to a strong house. He'd traveled significantly more than any of his other siblings, since he traveled with them much of the time.

"What do you like about this planet, Bomilcar Thorvald?" He asked after a pause, made necessary by servants collecting pieces of a broken vase in their way, and cleaning up. Some water had got spilt, but was now dutifully recollected with absorbent rags. Zenzi wrinkled her nose at that, but decided not to address it now, when in company. She waited for the path to clear by leaning against the wall with her back, one knee pulled up, hands on her hips.
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:19 pm
...and she got the gist of it. It was about the underhanded dealings of the Bewts with one Esmar Tuek, a name known to Ahmina as the key smuggler on Arrakis; some details of their rivalry with Rima Birawi as well as their plans to wrest back control of their water retail operations from the Guild banker Abad Nejhre. There was indeed nothing on the incident from the morning, except a brief asessment of losses due to the Harkonnen pogrom.

She cursed herself and the unattended liquid. No, seriously, WHO DOES THAT? Leaving liquid to just evaporate?

sallat Allah bi-kaswatay-h al-jaam

She takes the papers, drying them as best she could, before searching the room deeper for something else that could give a clues to the auditors.

(Do I spend momentum here for intel? How much so?)
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:30 pm
"And after that, a great exertion? I can't grow fat." He chuckled, trying to touch her hair.
"I know you're eager for desert." she smiled. "But, I want you to taste my skill, before you show me your appreciation."
House Mutelli πŸ”ͺ Spice Sommelier πŸ”ͺ Chef πŸ”ͺ Observant πŸ”ͺ Detail Oriented

Bomilcar Thorvald

Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:33 pm

"What do you like about this planet, Bomilcar Thorvald?" He asked after a pause, made necessary by servants collecting pieces of a broken vase in their way, and cleaning up. Some water had got spilt, but was now dutifully recollected with absorbent rags. Zenzi wrinkled her nose at that, but decided not to address it now, when in company. She waited for the path to clear by leaning against the wall with her back, one knee pulled up, hands on her hips.
"Challenging. Struggle breeds strength," he says with a thoughtful look. He then takes a step closer and leans on the wall next to her. "Sand polishes a jewel."
House Thorvald * Inglorious Bastard * Protector * Kind Heart * Hard Eyes * Intense * Scarred * Quiet
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Ahmina wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:41 pm
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:19 pm

She cursed herself and the unattended liquid. No, seriously, WHO DOES THAT? Leaving liquid to just evaporate?

sallat Allah bi-kaswatay-h al-jaam

She takes the papers, drying them as best she could, before searching the room deeper for something else that could give a clues to the auditors.

(Do I spend momentum here for intel? How much so?)
There might not be more time for that. There were new voices in the corridor, and she heard the name of Bomilcar being spoken.

[I don't think you can boost success at a cost. Momentum hasn't been used.]

[Discipline 3 to make the documents' tarnishing unapparent.]
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

She began whispering a prayer under her breath, trying to make sure her blunder would not be apparent.

Thankfully the makers had blessed her this time and, to her eye at least, everything seemed proper.

Now she looked around for a place to hide

---
I was'nt there! Discipline 6 (self-control)+ Faith (8), momentum, diff 3: 3#1d20 19 3 5
4 successes, +1 momentum
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"So you're after jewels to polish?" Her fingers tested the firmness of his arm with staccato palpation as she leaned in. "With strength, no doubt?"

---

Within the quarters the pair would head into soon, Ahmina found a looser tapestry stretched over a compartment that she could fit beneath, with a view on the lounge through the courtain beads.
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

Ahmina inspected the compartment to make sure it was'nt a safe or something someone would reach for.

Hell, she would crawl under the bed if she had to but she would not be caught and endanger the mission.
Bomilcar Thorvald

He shakes his head at that. "Appreciate the jewel I see," he says looking at her, his interest clear in his eyes if not the rest of his body language.
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"I think I want to know more about your ways to appreciate." Her fingers rode down to his hand and entwined, pulling toward her quarters. The guard looked to the side and made way.
Bomilcar Thorvald

His hand was strong and had a warriors callouses. But was also well taken care of. Bomilcar dressed simply and had a stoic demeanor, but he apparently didn't ignore personal care and hygiene.

He followed along, "Of course."
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Past the door, Zenzi brought the calloused hands onto uncalloused parts of her, with an expectation radiating from her gaze that much would result from that attraction of opposites. The excitement was too great for her to notice any interventions across her rooms; it was unlikely that she was intent on getting as far as the office.

"For me, you've said enough today, Bomilcar Thorvald. I'd rather have your body speak on its own now."

Whatever would occur next, Ahmina had an involuntary vantage point to observe.

/FtB?
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

Ahmina sighed inwardly

At least she could guess the negociations where going well

She took the time to observe the room in better details...and find an exit
Bomilcar Thorvald

Bomilcar took Zenzi by the waist and lifted her to his body. Ahmina would have difficulty trying to sneak out before they were done, as the bodyguard was clearly fond of not limiting which walls, rugs, cushions and other furniture were available. It at least meant she was spared a continuous view...

/ftb
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:06 pm
"I know you're eager for desert." she smiled. "But, I want you to taste my skill, before you show me your appreciation."
"Let it be your way then. But I will still have to check it for chaumas." He chuckled as she led her deeper into the building, into the basement area in fact, where the kitchens were undoubtedly located, judging by the scents. There was a waft of melange among them.
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

Once they were there, she worked quickly, assessing what was available and preparing something relatively simple. She wanted to impress him, but she knew he would not wait long.

Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:10 pm
Once they were there, she worked quickly, assessing what was available and preparing something relatively simple. She wanted to impress him, but she knew he would not wait long.
Emrys stayed to watch, adding 'oh-ho' as an appreciative commentary to her moves and skills, and he swallowed saliva at least several times. At some point he produced a tiny pouch of his own, with just a bit of melange in it, with a questioning look whether she'd see it sensible to spice up her dish.
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

She nodded and added a small amount at the proper time, enhancing the dish without overwhelming it. Soon, she set a dish before Emrys.

Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"Have it with me." He offered, kneeling before the low table, then reached out with a spoon, anticipation in his voice and gaze.