[Day 7 - FMR] A Deal Consummated

Rima Birawi

Re: [Day 7 - FMR] A Deal Consummated

Post by Rima Birawi »

"Tuek indeed deals with Bewts more than with me, but his own business acumen guides him toward making pragmatic calls. In the end, he deals with a variety of clients. You'd be surprised." She mused. "Still, I am not entirely sure whether and how things have changed for him after his Fremen wife Roula was outed as a ring leader of a spice smuggling operation, in response to the initial reports of irregularities that reached Kaitain. She was promptly executed in some violent way. Since this hasn't closed the issue for the Emperor and you are here with your audit, I assume she might just have been scapegoated."

And then she paused, to listen to Dorian's lengthy speech, grimacing slightly throughout. A short laugh her whole commentary. "I haven't been given anything tangible yet via this rather risque cooperation, and you're already mouthing threats even as I am trying to help you. Ah, Dorian, Dorian..."

She might have said more on the matter of Roula, but now she seemed uncertain whether she should continue.
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

"I apologize if I have offended. I suppose my experiences here on Arrakis has led me to believe the people here preferred the direct approach. I was merely extending the courtesy of honesty to let you know where my loyalties lie. This is the way of the Imperium, allies in one moment may be enemies in the next.

I do greatly appreciate the risk you are taking, and if you prefer an immediate, tangible reward, I can make the arrangements. I thought you had more distant ambitions, but as I said before, House Mutelli is not one to make unreasonable demands, the choice is yours."
House Mutelli |Swordmaster of Ginaz | Duelist | Opulent | Charismatic
Description
Carries: Two Kindjals and a Shield Belt
Wears: Stillsuit and Red Sash over Shield Belt
Accompanied by Lawtech Edwell Santini
Rima Birawi

Post by Rima Birawi »

"I was quite aware of where your loyalties lie without that speech." She leaned back, tossing her hair off her shoulder. "Nor am I exactly new to political volatility. I felt a pinch of being patronised, but that was just in the acoustics, wasn't it?"

A pause. "Last time I told you exactly what I want. I haven't changed my mind. Please make those arrangements."

A deep breath. "Needless back and forth aside, I can give you this rather useful advice: the Count wants you to succeed, as your failure will be his failure in the eyes of the Emperor. He is the Spice Minister and if melange keeps leaking, it is ultimately on him. He worked with the Harkonnen well enough in the past, but if some heads have to roll, he'd rather it wasn't his. He probably had a hand in what happened to Roula to buy himself some time. Before that, he and Esmar Tuek had had an understanding, he had been making sure the Harkonnen knew the smugglers are 'his', though it's hard to tell if the arrangement has survived. My point is, Dorian, if you think you need some resources not available to you to complete your mission, the Count may just arrange them for you as long as this cannot be traced back to him."
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

"It seems I am full of regret tonight, for I must again apologize. This time for being patronizing. This planet has me turned about. Many things are not what one would expect, so I no longer know what to expect. I did not intend to dismiss you or think less of your prowess. If anything, I was only showing my own ineptitude. I will take your welcomed advice into consideration when I meet with Count Fenring. Unfortunately I must leave soon to prepare for said meeting."
House Mutelli |Swordmaster of Ginaz | Duelist | Opulent | Charismatic
Description
Carries: Two Kindjals and a Shield Belt
Wears: Stillsuit and Red Sash over Shield Belt
Accompanied by Lawtech Edwell Santini
Rima Birawi

Post by Rima Birawi »

"If things don't go wrong for either or both of us in the near future, we may still have a chance to meet again, Dorian." She smiled genuinely, apparently relaxed and placated by his apology. "I don't believe third time is the charm. Some partnerships need to be given more time."