[D7 LE] Filling In The Blanks

Bomilcar Thorvald

[D7 LE] Filling In The Blanks

Post by Bomilcar Thorvald »

Bomilcar was in the lounge once more, just before the briefing. Thinking on things that have happened over that past week. He stared out the window, leaning against it and supporting his weight with his forearm.
House Thorvald * Inglorious Bastard * Protector * Kind Heart * Hard Eyes * Intense * Scarred * Quiet
Carries: Broken-back Saex, Personal Shield
Genevieve Wallach

Re: [D7 LE] Filling In The Blanks

Post by Genevieve Wallach »

Gene entered the room and smiled. The last few days were a blur ever since she took that Spice. Things had been becoming more clear to here. Couldn't put it into words, but it was...just a stream of knowledge thrusting into her head.

She knew how dangerous she was, but there she was, once more, looking over at Bom with a soft smile on her face. "Hey, it's been a bit. How are you doing, Bom?" She leaned in looking for coffee yet again, trying to act coy to what she was after.
House Wallach | Someone of Actual Note | Councilor of the Audit | Maybe Not a Assassin? | So Happy to be Here | Not Really
Bomilcar Thorvald

"Been better, been worse," he replied after turning to see the Wallach woman.

"You?" he asked with a nod to a small table.
House Thorvald * Inglorious Bastard * Protector * Kind Heart * Hard Eyes * Intense * Scarred * Quiet
Genevieve Wallach

"A bit more enlightened than I first was when I came here." The bright visions of everything was quite the intoxicating feeling within him. Staring out into nothing, she could see several things beyond, grasping almost everything she could perceive. She sat down and looked at him. "Things have really taken quite the turn of late. I can't say I'm too surprised.."
House Wallach | Someone of Actual Note | Councilor of the Audit | Maybe Not a Assassin? | So Happy to be Here | Not Really
Bomilcar Thorvald

He joined her, sitting across at the table. "They have. Storm, spice blow, attack in depression, water shortage. All crazy." He clears his throat.
Genevieve Wallach

"Absolute maddening." She says with a nod. "Now we're nearly at a end of the investigation, and there's hardly a smoking gun we can use to prove what those bastards have been up to." She slumped down. "I'm considering something I know I'll regret..." She nodded and slumped into a chair. "Might need some help for that."
Bomilcar Thorvald

"Oh?" he asks, curious.

"My help?" he offers earnestly.
Genevieve Wallach

"Yes..." She says and slumps down. "The plan requires a little bit of Spice. More than what you've been using. It should hopefully allow me to see things a bit further than I usually do. Maybe, with all the evidence in front of me, I may be able to...see what I need to in order to get it. Just have to risk myself in the process."

She sighed. "This was something I was hoping to avoid, if I'm being honest. It feels good to just...know. Intoxicating, really. I was hoping to avoid it, if possible."
Bomilcar Thorvald

He nods at that. "Reports and notes in my room," he says nodding his head in that direction, offering her a hand up. "I'll watch, in case."
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

Lost in thought, Cuyler wandered in. As she looked over some notes, it took a moment for her to realize she wasn't alone. Finally, she looked up.

"Oh! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to intrude."
House Mutelli 🔪 Spice Sommelier 🔪 Chef 🔪 Observant 🔪 Detail Oriented

Carries: Chef's Knife
Genevieve Wallach

"Perfect timing, actually." She looked at Cuyler and nodded. "I've got a bold thing to consider and...having someone there to keep a eye on me just in case. Another hand in wouldn't be the worst idea."

Gene looked back at Bomilcar. "Well then, shall we reconvene in your room?"
Bomilcar Thorvald

He nods to Cuyler with Genevieve's words. "Welcome." He leads the way to his room where he had a small table with neat stacks of notes. There were a few places to sit, two chairs at the table, a chair in the corner of the room and the bed. Bomilcar pulled out the pouch of that pure spice and opened it. There was still quite a bit left since he was no spice fiend. Used only the smallest amount the other day with Genevieve.

He goes to find a small tray that he can prepare it on. "So..."

He readies what amounts to triple the amount they had with the wine. But this pouch would be good for quite a few more hits even then. It was not an insignificant amount after all.

Cuyler was also offered a hit as well, though not as much since Genevieve was attempting something in particular that would benefit from the larger hit.
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

She accepted the amount without any noticeable hesitation. In her mind, there was a fierce debate over whether she should indulge or not.

Genevieve Wallach

With that, she sat down and stared at the Spice for a few moments, contemplating her decision to use such a thing, she glanced over the notes in the meantime, spending some time to read them, all the while looking over at the Spice in the back of her mind.

"Anything specific I should try to zero in on?"
Bomilcar Thorvald

"Rabban, secret operation, locations near spice blow," he suggests. "Flow of money, flow of spice, anything strange."
Genevieve Wallach

She nodded and took a deep breath. Staring at the Spice once more, then at the others. It wasn't the first time she had done the stuff; hard to avoid it while attempting to become a Bene Gesserit. There was a larger risk involved with her, however. But, if she wanted her freedom, larger risks were needed.

She stared at the substance, glanced over, grabbed some wine and poured it in a cup. Dumping the substance into it, she stares at the glass for a moment longer, and for the smallest of moments, revealed her nervousness on the matter.

"To your health." She said while raising her glass, her voice momentarily breaking as she downs the wine and awaited for whatever was to come next from it.
Bomilcar Thorvald

Bomilcar stood by, watching over her. He occasionally looked to Cuyler, curious if she was going to join Gene, but didn't press or suggest. For now what he wanted to do was make sure Gene didn't end up dead from overdose.
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

It took a few moments, but she soon followed Genevieve's example.

Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Genevieve Wallach wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:54 pm
She nodded and took a deep breath. Staring at the Spice once more, then at the others. It wasn't the first time she had done the stuff; hard to avoid it while attempting to become a Bene Gesserit. There was a larger risk involved with her, however. But, if she wanted her freedom, larger risks were needed.

She stared at the substance, glanced over, grabbed some wine and poured it in a cup. Dumping the substance into it, she stares at the glass for a moment longer, and for the smallest of moments, revealed her nervousness on the matter.

"To your health." She said while raising her glass, her voice momentarily breaking as she downs the wine and awaited for whatever was to come next from it.
The spice insinuated itself slowly this time, as if with anesthesia. The room fluidly morphed into another room, Bom's face into another face. Was she hallucinating, dreaming, or revealing some unseen layers of reality.

The man was tall and handsome, though a bit heavy-set. He had full sensual lips and bushy brows over a wild red storm of hair. Those lips were twisted in a grin at something his cool eyes were staring at. He was dressed in royal blue with a griffin badge at his chest.

Gene felt that she was able to look around, to see what he saw.
The Maker | Blessed Her Coming and Going
Genevieve Wallach

Gene stared around for a few moments, adjusting to the utter shift in reality before her. "Bom...I see someone. Red hear. Kind of fat. Don't even know if you can hear me. Griffin symbol."

She turned her head to match his gaze. What did he that amused him so? Would she find it amusing as well?
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Genevieve Wallach wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:16 am
Gene stared around for a few moments, adjusting to the utter shift in reality before her. "Bom...I see someone. Red hear. Kind of fat. Don't even know if you can hear me. Griffin symbol."

She turned her head to match his gaze. What did he that amused him so? Would she find it amusing as well?
Bom could only hear her mumbling under her breath as she slumped into a wide-eyed comatose.

In her reality, Gene could see that she was in the hall of Arrakeen Residency, with a different decor. In fact, the decor was just being changed. Green-gold flags with the Lamp of Knowledge emblem she could recognise as symbols of House Richese were being pulled down.

"Arrakis is mine now. Ineptitude ends here. I am going to give Elrood what he wants." The booming voice from behind, certainly not Bom's, spoke with no small amount of gloating and satisfaction, but also resolve.
Kannon

Post by Kannon »

Cuyler Gray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:31 pm
It took a few moments, but she soon followed Genevieve's example.
Though she didn't follow Gene's path. She had her own. The familiar darkness encompassed her, and she was again dangling on an invisible rope. But there was no vision now, no faces, no stories. Only a lecturing voice.

"The highest function of ecology is the understanding of consequences."

Cuyler could feel that she could perhaps... ask questions? Polemise?
Bomilcar Thorvald

Bom observed but didn't try to interact with Gene other than to check for warning signs of overdose.
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

Kannon wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:52 pm
"The highest function of ecology is the understanding of consequences."
"Consequences?" she asked. "To disrupting the order of things?"

Kannon

Post by Kannon »

"Many assume that an ecosystem dominated by a singular species of apex predators is inherently unstable. That is untrue. Consider humanity, or the worms of Arrakis. Within the confines of their respective environments, they manifest long-term sustainability. This presupposes some form of cannibalism, however: the species must find ways to feed on itself. For humanity, cannibalism is political: elites 'eat' the masses by locking them in hierarchical social orders that give legitimacy to abusive practices. The solution for worms in metamorphic and metabolic - they feed on altered forms and byproducts of itself. Each of those ecosystems, however, is stable only within its narrow confines, as long as environment follows certain parameters. Disrupt those parameters seriously enough and the ecosystem collapses. This is the case of Salusa Secundus. On Arrakis, the man has so far failed to disrupt the ecosystem defined by the worm. The worm can unmake almost anything the man can make." The stentorian voice seemed used to lecturing.