(D3 SMR) Happy To Serve!

Cuyler Gray

Re: (D3 SMR) Happy To Serve!

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"The family has been serving them for generations." she shrugged. "My rise in prominence, as a sommelier, happened a few years ago. My assignment here is new. I've never done anything like this before."
House Mutelli πŸ”ͺ Spice Sommelier πŸ”ͺ Chef πŸ”ͺ Observant πŸ”ͺ Detail Oriented

Carries: Chef's Knife
Bomilcar Thorvald

Post by Bomilcar Thorvald »

"New for me too," he says with a nod. "Sibling trying to get me killed probably," he explained.
House Thorvald * Inglorious Bastard * Protector * Kind Heart * Hard Eyes * Intense * Scarred * Quiet
Carries: Broken-back Saex, Personal Shield
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"That's not nice. I don't want to see that happen." She sighed. "I don't know why they chose me."
House Mutelli πŸ”ͺ Spice Sommelier πŸ”ͺ Chef πŸ”ͺ Observant πŸ”ͺ Detail Oriented

Bomilcar Thorvald

"Not the first time," he says with a shrug. "My blood." He didn't know if she had up to date information on the blood he carries, but it does make him a hell of a target. Insult is only added by letting him carry the Thorvald name putting him right on the edge of what would be considered legitimized. Official recognition could potentially cause a shitstorm of political hell among his siblings as much as others.
House Thorvald * Inglorious Bastard * Protector * Kind Heart * Hard Eyes * Intense * Scarred * Quiet
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"I see." She had at least an idea of what he meant. "I hope you live a long life."

Bomilcar Thorvald

"Probably won't, but want to," he said with a nod. "Want family someday." He clearly wasn't talking about the family of a noble house, but a personal family.
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"I think you'd be a good father." she smiled. "You'd keep them safe."

Bomilcar Thorvald

"Thanks," he says. "You?" He asks, obviously curious if she had a family of her own, not just a family name.
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"Someday." she nodded. "Once I'm sure of my place."

Bomilcar Thorvald

"Family might be that place," he suggests. "Why you unsure?"
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"A lot has changed." she shrugged. "I was just a chef. One of many, who didn't stand out. Then, my gift with spice was discovered. That made me valuable. I could do something very few could do. That also made me someone of interest, someone to show off to notable visitors. I don't mind. It's a good life. But, it doesn't feel like a family life."

Bomilcar Thorvald

"Do you want more?" he asks. It sounds like something between curiosity about her own interests and like an offer might come if she were to express a desire for it. He clearly had an appreciation for her skills...
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"I'm not sure what I want." she admitted. "I saw a worm today. It could have devoured our craft if we weren't flying. It was a terrifying, yet fascinating, sight. My life didn't flash before my eyes. I didn't wish I had done things different or had accomplished more. I didn't think about family or success or anything like that. All I wondered at the time was when I'd see another."

Bomilcar Thorvald

He smirked. "Travel, new sights," he says with a nod. "I'm familiar." A bodyguard's life was rarely a stationary one, after all. When you take care of important people you travel with them. That was the one thing about this trip that felt very comfortable for him. He wasn't always on the road, but he was enough to feel comfortable.

"Invitation to Ipyr," he says with a nod.
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"I hope I can." she smiled. "I'll definitely try."

Bomilcar Thorvald

"Favorite drink?" he asks. She was a sommelier after all.
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"The brandy is hard to dismiss." she said. "House Mutelli produces exceptional alcohol. But, fresh lemonade is the best."

Bomilcar Thorvald

"Lemonade," he says with a nod, thinking that it's a good choice. "Secret family recipe?" he asks, a smile that suggests he's aware that it's pretty much just lemon water and sugar.
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"Of course." she grinned. "I'd tell you, but I'd have to silence you."

Bomilcar Thorvald

"Already silenced. Keep coming back." He had a levity in his eyes despite joking about his brushes with death.
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"Good." she nodded. "I have a feeling we'll need that tenacity."

Bomilcar Thorvald

He nods at that. "Let me know. Skills should be protected," he says, clearly willing and ready to act as a guard for her. To protect the cook. That was the most useful skill on this ship as far as Bom was concerned.
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"The worm I saw, came in the aftermath of an attack against the Harkonnen." she said. "A stolen harvester. A thopter attacking the rescue carryall. I'll be surprised if we don't see more. We're likely to get caught in the middle. We'll all need to be careful."

Bomilcar Thorvald

"Belong in middle," he admits. "Between enemies." It was the life of a protector, after all. Being stuck between two different sides that often wanted to kill each other.