Day 3, First Moon Set - Off Duty

Reyyan Ebrahammi

Day 3, First Moon Set - Off Duty

Post by Reyyan Ebrahammi »

Reyyan was never great with communicating with others or such. And she wasn't sure if her letter to Cuyler Gray had been been all that. But she'd gotten communication back that the invitation had been received and accepted, so the Levenbrach had made herself ready to receive the woman in her quarters, being the only of the Sardaukar to have an individual one thanks to her status in the organization. It wasn't huge, but it had a bed and an airlock to a balcony for lookout or such.

For this, she'd set up a cloth on the small metal table bolted to the balcony deck and put a small vase with a flower in it on top. As for herself, she waited in the room in a black dress, kind of pacing back and forth. Not that she was too nervous, but taking even an hour break for this and leaving things to her squad certainly had her restless.
Sardaukar * Armored * Guardian * Strict * Loyal * Fanatical * Religious * Tall * Levenbrech
Cuyler Gray

Re: Day 3, First Moon Set - Off Duty

Post by Cuyler Gray »

Cuyler arrived. She also wore a black dress, and carried a covered tray.

"Good evening, Levenbrach."
House Mutelli πŸ”ͺ Spice Sommelier πŸ”ͺ Chef πŸ”ͺ Observant πŸ”ͺ Detail Oriented

Carries: Chef's Knife
Reyyan Ebrahammi

Reyyan answered the door promptly, giving a bow. "Good evening, Lady Gray. You are looking as lovely as always. I have ice wine outside..."

She motioned to the airlock out to the balcony before turning back, "...errr, do you want help with that? I'd be more than happy to take it from you."

Rey motioned to the tray.
Sardaukar * Armored * Guardian * Strict * Loyal * Fanatical * Religious * Tall * Levenbrech
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"It's quite alright." she assured her as she followed. "It's just a bit of food for us."
House Mutelli πŸ”ͺ Spice Sommelier πŸ”ͺ Chef πŸ”ͺ Observant πŸ”ͺ Detail Oriented

Reyyan Ebrahammi

A nod, "You really shouldn't have. This was supposed to be my treat to you. Still, I suppose if I'd tried cooking anything it would have been more of a punishment than a treat..."

A brief scowl as she closed the door behind Cuyler before opening the outer door for her, "It's not the biggest balcony, but it has a good view of the night sky."
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"There's no reason we can't treat one another." she smiled as she set the tray on the table. She looked out beyond the balcony. "Beautiful."

Reyyan Ebrahammi

As she closed the door and made sure there was room on the table by moving the candle and vase, she glanced at Cuyler then to where she was looking, "You like the stars on a clear night like this then?"
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"I like open spaces." she answered. "I feel comfortable in my kitchen or serving in a dining room. But, it can feel small and restrictive."

Reyyan Ebrahammi

"Ah. Open spaces... I'm not the best with them, if I'm honest. Having grown up in a mining asteroid, space was at a premium. Big open space makes me feel... kind of vulnerable I suppose."
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"You can stay close to me then." she said. "Safer together."

She uncovered the tray, revealing a relatively simple meal.

Reyyan Ebrahammi

Rey chuckled and took a seat, opening the bottle of sandwine as Cuyler uncovered the meal.

"I am not a child anymore Lady Grey. Though I will never object to having a wonderful woman such as yourself close by..."
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"You are certainly not a child." she smiled. "But, I'll stay close."

Reyyan Ebrahammi

The Levenbrech blushed a little in the pale moonlight as she poured the wine into tall stemmed glasses she'd set out, "...so does this mean you have known about my attraction to you since we met on Kirana III, back with Sir Drake? I suppose you always did pay attention to details..."
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"I pay attention when attractive people look at me that way." she nodded. "I notice others who do it as well, but that's different."

Reyyan Ebrahammi

"Different? So it's different when I do so? How so?"

Having poured the glasses, she set the bottle aside and took a serving from the tray with her knife and fork.
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"My mother warned me that many assumptions would be made about me based on my appearance." she explained. "But, said I shouldn't allow that to stop me from enjoying who I am. I enjoy it when you look at me."

Reyyan Ebrahammi

Having served herself, Rey sat back in her seat a bit, the small chair giving a momentary protest from the large woman doing so, "I am... happy, to hear that."

Rey never sounded particularly happy, but the signs were there. Even if they were subtle.

"Most people I look at tend to be afraid. Even before I was trained as a Sarduakar. Something about a tall, strong woman leaves many people out of east."
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

She sat back with her wine, studying the other woman for a moment. "I don't see it. I have no doubt you can be intimidating. I've seen that. But, your stature just adds to your beauty."

Reyyan Ebrahammi

A small dry chuckle, "You think so? Well, I'm glad someone appreciates it. My father was a very religious man. He always used to say my mother was tall too, like the mythical Valgels from the Orange Catholic Bible that lead righteous warriors to the afterlife. I've always strived to live up to that as a righteous woman, as well as being proud of myself. But... that's not left a lot of time for being feminine, or romance. You and Sir Drake and your friends helped show me there's more to life than what I was making of it though."
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"I'm not quite as outgoing as Dorian." She leaned towards Reyyan. "But, I do believe we should take every opportunity to enjoy life that we can. We are on a planet with creatures that can swallow men whole as if they were specks of dust, after all."

Reyyan Ebrahammi

"I'm not sure I've ever met someone quite as outgoing as Sir Drake, so that's a pretty high bar. Either way, it's not like I'm too outgoing myself. Part of why I like you, Lady Gray; You don't talk my ear off."

A small grin as she set back down her wine glass.
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

Cuyler's glass was set beside it. "I could. I could go over some of my favorite recipes with you. But, I don't think that's what you want."

Reyyan Ebrahammi

With Miss Gray closer, Rey reached a hand up and cupped one of her cheeks. The hand was slightly rough and had some small cuts on it that had scarred over.

"I don't know about that... I have a healthy appetite, and you make the most fascinating things. Where I grew up didn't exactly have a wide variety of cuisine. Not to mention the prison planet..."

That was the part Reyyan hadn't really come to appreciate; Part of why people acted as they did around her was what it took to land on the Emperor's prison world in the first place... let alone what it took to get off of it.
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

Her hand grasped Rey's. It held it in place as she turned to kiss it.

"Flour, shortening, salt water."

Another kiss.

"Beef, rutabaga, carrots, onions, potatoes, parsley, pepper."

Another kiss.

Reyyan Ebrahammi

Rey gave anither low chuckle as the other woman kissed her hand and read off ingredients; She didn't even recognize all of them, but she was intrigued.

"Is this for this delicious smelling pastry like thing you've brought tonight Lady Grey? ...and that tickles a bit, you know."