D2 - EM - Plans for D3

Claudius Reins

D2 - EM - Plans for D3

Post by Claudius Reins »

As the morning hours, what would be Breakfast on most worlds, but is instead closer to bed time here on Arrakis, The Londine representative has taken over the Galley and again invited anyone who wants to discuss the previous days results and next days plans.
House Londine | Financial Analyst | Honest | Non-Combatant
Accompanied by: Addison Passepartout & Kage
Lorra Giap

Re: D2 - EM - Plans for D3

Post by Lorra Giap »

Contrary to the previous day, the Ixian doctor is early this time, as if to make up for lost time.
House Vernius | Suk Doctor | Imperial Conditioning | Tinkerer | Ixian
"I think, and my thoughts cross the barrier into the synapses of the machine - just as the good doctor intended."
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

Cuyler arrived and took a seat.
House Mutelli 🔪 Spice Sommelier 🔪 Chef 🔪 Observant 🔪 Detail Oriented

Carries: Chef's Knife
Ahmina

Post by Ahmina »

''Good Eve-morning'' said Cybilus as he arrived ''I never really got used to the time here''
Fremen * Light * Discreet * Faithful * Loyal * Just *
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

Dorian saunters into the room, slightly tipsy from his recent revelries.

"Welcome all, what grand deeds are we planning for today slash tomorrow's itinerary?"
House Mutelli |Swordmaster of Ginaz | Duelist | Opulent | Charismatic
Description
Carries: Two Kindjals and a Shield Belt
Wears: Stillsuit and Red Sash over Shield Belt
Accompanied by Lawtech Edwell Santini
Genevieve Wallach

Post by Genevieve Wallach »

Gene was there and already set up the device from before, already passing out the earpieces to ensure their talk was as private as possible.

"No idea just yet. After that whole incident, I know we're going to have some trouble come tomorrow."
House Wallach | Someone of Actual Note | Councilor of the Audit | Maybe Not a Assassin? | So Happy to be Here | Not Really
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

Dorian put the device in his ear, but asked, "Is this really necessary? We're on our own ship now."
Description
Genevieve Wallach

She looked at him, calmly, and kept her eyes on him for a few moments. "Considering what is at stake and the risks we have to ourselves to do our job, yes. Can you account for everyone here, Dorian? Everyone who came here today? Or tomorrow? We are attempting to rattle a dangerous beast's cage. You'll forgive me if I want to do it as quietly as I can."
House Wallach | Someone of Actual Note | Councilor of the Audit | Maybe Not a Assassin? | So Happy to be Here | Not Really
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"It's a good idea." Cuyler said once she put the earpiece in.

Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

Wearing an earpiece, "I would like to hear peoples plans for tomorrow, and also what people think we can find in Carthage, for those who wish to go there."
Genevieve Wallach

"I wanted to go to see the workers tomorrow, dig up some small leads. They have hundreds of eyes on operations here and often see things they don't often realize."

She nodded. "I'm rather good at coaxing out such information. Though, if you have something you want me to look for, I will be sure to ask."
Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

"I think it would be best if we avoided the Harkonnen hub for the time being. We had a run in with some of their men earlier and I don't imagine they are too happy with us, as opposed to their usual cheery disposition of course." Dorian chimes in. 'We did find something very interesting at the site of the explosion today. I would say it was worth a little extra Harkonnen hostility."
Description
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"We have been presented with an opportunity." Cuyler said. "In return for showing mercy to a man at the site of the explosion, we've been offered our choice of favors from his father."

Claudius Reins

Post by Claudius Reins »

"And what exactly are those choices?"
Cuyler Gray

Post by Cuyler Gray »

"The first option is information." she explained. "We can ask him to provide us with one piece of information the Harkonnen would deny us in our audit. It would be authentic, but we would not be able to raise it as evidence before any authority, nor reveal how we obtained it. A thing for our eyes and for our consideration only. He assured us that he haf the power to deliver on this promise with regard to almost any information of this kind, but only once."

"The second option," she continued, "is the coordinates of a hidden spaceport outside of effective Harkonnen purview, along with a small but equipped base of operations, in an area they really don't want us to sniff around in. But that would mean taking our frigate off the grid and violating the terms of our audit. If they launch a military operation and wr're found out there, they would show us no recourse and arrange an accident for our frigate."

Dorian Drake

Post by Dorian Drake »

Dorian listens with interest while Cuyler lays out the terms the stranger had provided. "Assuming we trust this person and the information they can provide, what question could we make use of without directly presenting the answer as evidence? Also making a big assumption that this isn't a trap to lure us off course and discredit the whole audit or just eliminate us, who's to say this base has anything to do with spice? We have unconfirmed rumors that the Harkonnens are buying up arms. This could be a staging area to fight off local resistance."

Dorian was typically one to take risks, but he also knew when it was time for caution. They had seen the blunt side of House Harkonnen, but they hadn't get to where they were through brute force alone. Perhaps it was the rarity with which they used their cunning that made it all the more effective.
Description